Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hang a road kill from a tree???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hang a road kill from a tree???

Has anyone ever hung a road kill from a tree and let the worms fall into the water ?? I'll bet the old duckhunter from ark has ??? His's the wise one ??????

Post Thanks / Like

rocket, yankees don't venture into this part of the country or we would try that.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago in FL I was fishing with a friend and we found where someone had tied a possum to a branch, and nature was taking it's course. Maggots were falling into the water occasionally, and they didn't last long before there was a swirl from several fish trying to beat the others to it. We took apart some 1/32 beetle spins and used just the white bodies and had a great few hours til we ran out of time. Massive bluegill were dominant, and some warmouth of exceptional size were there also. Took a while to fillet our catch that day. Some vicks for under the nose helps when the wind isn't just right. Haven't done it since, but that day sold me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard you can take a can of dog food or cat food and punch a hole in both ends and hang it . I have never tried it , but always wanted to..

Post Thanks / Like

Chumming works, however you want to do it. The road kill option is just one way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of it, but have never tried it.

It sounds like it should work. Use some wax worms and the feed should be on.

Post Thanks / Like

I did it once over 30 years ago when I had set a canepole out for catfish. I had read it somewhere in an outdoor book or article. Give it enough time and I'm sure it will work now but it's a young man's game to shinny out on a tree limb and hang a fresh kill a foot or so above the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that it would work, but couldn't stomach it, myself.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

So, me and a buddy have actually been discussing something similiar for his private pond. I've heard of a guy that made sort of like a mesh scrap bin on top of a 4 x 4 drove into the bottom. He would walk out on a 2 x 12 and dump his meat scraps or roadkill if he was short on scraps. The maggots will fall off and into the water, providing high quality fish food throughout the summer months. Gross, yes...genius, maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Why waste some perfectly good roadkill on fish when you can skin it and make some pretty good stew.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast