Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 10 dead woodsgoats

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 dead woodsgoats

2 dead dirt pigs and the battle rages on.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 10?? You're slipping in your old age.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Ah but the growing season is still Young. My dang sniper rifle got a casing hung in the chamber and wont come out. It is a full metal jacket and a ram rod wont touch it. May have to retire this gun as it never wanted to load correctly from the get go. Bolt kept wanting to hang up and would not load freely like a good bolt action should. It is a model 700 Remington .223 bolt action. You may laugh and ask Why so small a gun for shooting deer but I will tell You the reasons this is the perfect caliber. Cheap bullets, little recoil for shooting at multiple targets quickly, flat shooting gun, my dad as far out as 600 yards with hardly raising the crosshairs. Does not have a lot of knock down power but when You want the deer to run out of the field so You don't have to pick them up then it is perfect. Of course we drop may of them right where they stand but we are mostly trying to gut shoot them. You can tell You hit them when they run if You hear the bullet hit them or you see their tail twisting around in circles when they take off. Then the buzzards lining the trees a few hours later is always the final confirmation. We have some of the fattest buzzards around down here.CF

Post Thanks / Like

I shot a buck of few years ago that walked off humped up like a coon. I said to myself "he's gonna fall any minute". Nope. I went back 3 days later and found him, there wasnt anything left but horns and hair! So yeah, buzzards are faster than the average man realizes.
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I shot a buck of few years ago that walked off humped up like a coon. I said to myself "he's gonna fall any minute". Nope. I went back 3 days later and found him, there wasnt anything left but horns and hair! So yeah, buzzards are faster than the average man realizes.
    UTR, they are unbelievable down here. We have about 50 buzzards that return every year like clockwork knowing what is coming. They will clean a deer in a days time with just 5 or 6 of them. We have to get the dead deer out of the field because the buzzards will clear a half acre of beans right off while eating. The dead snags around here right now are loaded with buzzards that are so fat that they cant hardly fly.CF

Post Thanks / Like

Added another to the pile yesterday via called in drive by shooting. Working on Your own is more efficient but team tactics are more fun sometimes.CF

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed. You wanna borrow my grandson? He is 14 years old and one heck of a shooter. I'll have him bring his daddy's bushmaster. He got his 1st buck when he was 11 and has since got another and a hog. I don't dare mention this to him because I would never hear the end of it. LOL When I was in Fla when went up to Ga and took the bushmaster, an AK47 and several others. That youngen was very good with all of them. Gotta brag about him for sure.Thumbs UpThumbs Up
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Bill that is just what we need. He is Young and has the heart of a killer. very nice arsenal as well from the sounds of it.

Oh man BB You should have seen it. that woodsgoat jumped up on his hind legs just like Silver and then went straight to the ground. Couldn't help but laugh. it was great. We are probably getting ready to start chemical warfare now and the death toll will be in the millions on the worms. That will be fun too.

Also getting to the time where I might get out and slay a few Crappie. I'm ready to make a report. Can't make them if You don't go.CF

Post Thanks / Like

Ed take some emory cloth to the ramp of that 700 and also do the bolt .I t will make a heck of a differance.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER