Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CROWN AND SINK and truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default CROWN AND SINK and truman

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  47.3 KBCrappie. got to the lake at 7am, way early, parking lot real full. ran into Terry MOquack first thing, going up or down says he,,, well up ,,, better go down head to the cut through and look for a spot.

well not knowing truman verry well and not knowing that area at all I said ok... got to the big bluff and made the turn to the left, shut er down and turned on the side scan,,,3 mi. later found a school of fish and seen lots of fish arround the stumps, dropped jig( nope no minnows today) brown/chartruse slabbuster was what was on the rod so left it there.. first drop fish one and in one hour a limit of crappie,,, lots of small 9in. tossed all them back except a couple 9.5 that swallowed it and were bleeding.. they were not long but they almost did not slide in the checker... fat rascals, fished couple more hours and caught a ton of fish,, biggest was 13in give or take a foot... packed them in Ice and circled the parking lot, did not see where the weigh in was gonna be, and I was hot,tired,ugly, and sweating up a storm,,,, had a real nice cool breeze in the truck so I headed south in a rapid rate of hurry up and two and half hours later my shiney hiney was ready for the recliner.....fish cleaned and let me tell you them ice packed fish are sure easy to clean,,, sharon picked fresh tomatos from the garded, firs ones of the year.... gravy and maters for breakfast in the morning.... later man

Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish!! Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

sounds awesome beagle, get in get out and head out...... lot of crappie caught today in the tour........ and some dandies brought in ......glad to hear good reports......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

sound's like a heck of a time beagle, thank's for the great report! that truman has been on fire!!! good goin man, i'm with ya those ice packed crappie are easy to clean. glad you got a bunch and had a safe trip!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh picked tomatos? I see a garden raid in my future!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good day.I myself had rather have the maters and gravy now.Can borrow some crappie just about anytime.Eat well my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan a mater raid may be detremental to the function of your leg movement, due to the salt penetration..... Bud I love bacon gravy and tomatoes for breakfast, Miss Sharon Has a meatloaf for supper or that would be a great supper.... rest of all' y'all it was a good day, I dont fish truman much, long drive, was going to stay the night and fish in the morning, but ole matress kept calling my name and it is so nice being home.... it was an awsome day fishing I bet I caught 50 keepers today... and all on one color jig. pretty neat.

Post Thanks / Like

I was really hoping to meet you, Beagle. I bet you are a hoot to talk to!! :D Glad you had a good time and caught some fish though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Beagle. Somptins missin from that pic tho.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Do fish actually look like fish on those depth finders or are they like shadows? I'm thinking about investing in a good won but whats good for a good price?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast