Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A rant on Fishing shows

Post Thanks / Like

Angry A rant on Fishing shows

A fishing show on TV featured Crappie fishing on a Stump lake up in TN.
    I got so aggrevated at the "Bubba n' LeRoy" camera work and editing I was moved do write the Show with my opinion.
    Communications first rule is to use the Language your intended listener might understand.
    Speak Clearly, make your points astutly, repeat your screen shots of the Place your doing the speaking from.

In short: "tell me what your gonna say, Say it clearly and cleanly with good diction on the important words, back it up with good photography, and then tell me what you just told me"

Every time they said the Name of the Lake they used that exaggerated southern slang with Tobacco mouth garble. The only way I knew what lake they were on, was to tape a later program and see the Credits.

I never got a good look at the Rig, the Bait, or the method.
    What was the point of that show?
    Who knows?

So I sent my comments to Ron McDonald who is an AD Exec as a hint of a Customer badly in need of his services.

Had the "Show" posted an Email address I'd have sent the same to them. As it is they go blithly on, bathed in Ignorance thinking sponsors will flock to that kind of scatter brained show.

If not for all that I might have enjoyed that show
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see the show, but I would rather watch Bubba n' Leroy fishin than a typical Roland Martin type infomercial.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I havne't seen one of those. I'll think of you the next time I get a chance to tape one of his shows.
    Years ago I sent Bill dance a letter about this same issue.
    Have you noticed a change in Bill's newere shows?
    Let em' know how you feel and notice whether the newer shows change.
    I got an Email from Scott Turlow of G3 boats about my email. I'm formulating an answer right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume it was Reelfoot. I live close by. The tone of your post was a little bit condescending, and at first I was offended. Then I got over it and crafted this carefully planned response.

Hmmmm. Aight den.....
    Mumble, mumble, garble, garble...you ain't gotta wartch it iffen ya doan wanna... snort, hack, sppiittoowwieee.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I've only been down here a few years but I'm beginning to under stand that lingo!

It was G3 Boats and the Blue Bank resort guy. I sent Scott a better email, in Yankee snarl about my opinion of what his next show should be. I want a Fish biologist out there speaking in clear detail about the life cycle of a lake and it's inhabitants.

Mumble, mumble, garble, garble...you ain't gotta wartch it iffen ya doan wanna... snort, hack, sppiittoowwieee. (No kind of a fish biologist can speak like at ter!)Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the show to be dead honest, it was actually one of my favorites. If you have ever met Billy Blakley you would know that that is exactly the way he talks. He was not trying to use southern slang at all. At the beginning of the show they showed they were using minnows, as Scott said he had 2 Longer Life minnow buckets. All in all, I thought it was a great show and I love every G3 show that Scott puts on...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thudpucker View Post
    LOL, I've only been down here a few years but I'm beginning to under stand that lingo!

It was G3 Boats and the Blue Bank resort guy. I sent Scott a better email, in Yankee snarl about my opinion of what his next show should be. I want a Fish biologist out there speaking in clear detail about the life cycle of a lake and it's inhabitants.

Mumble, mumble, garble, garble...you ain't gotta wartch it iffen ya doan wanna... snort, hack, sppiittoowwieee. (No kind of a fish biologist can speak like at ter!)Thumbs Up
    Now I understand, so where are you from???? And asking for a fish biologist on every show is a bit much, the commercials would be outta hand trying to pay that bill. Like I said I would rather watch Bubba and Leroy havin a good time than most of the shows I see on TV today. I actually like the G3 outdoors and hope they do not change it. Look what has happened to Nascar, I liked the interviews with Ward Burton better than al the new guys today that are well spoken.

Post Thanks / Like

And hopefully since G3 is a sponsor of this site they will monitor this thread. If so keep up the good work G3, ya got a great show!!

Post Thanks / Like

Scott took it pretty well. We exchanged a couple colorful emails.
    I liked the show too. The second time I saw it.... What I said was the truth though.

I missed the first part of the show. That caused all the questions.
    If you taped it, you'd see or hear every time Billy said the name of the lake, he slurred the first part of the word.
    And even Scott did the same thing.

Although I liked the show, and especially the Stump lake (I used to live on Bundick lake in Louisiana) I was miffed that none of the Details were obvious so I said so.

There cannot be a complaint about G3 Boats, or Blue Bank Resort from my standpoint.
    Maybe next year if a Caravan of guys want's to go up to ReelLake, I'd get in on that.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I also saw the show and learned a lot. G3 Sportsman has done quite a few quality Crappie fishing shows. I record all of them. I also love to watch "Hook -n- look", Bill Dance, and Babe Winkleman when they do Spanish or Crappie fishing shows.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast