Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods Coming To BA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dick's Sporting Goods Coming To BA

After we had dinner at Uncle Bucks and I did a little shopping, I headed to Lowes in BA (my two favorite stores in BA!) and noticed a new building to the West of Lowes. It had a "Coming Soon" banner and a Dicks Sporting Goods Logo on it. Then when I got home, I did a search and found this!

Dick's Sporting Goods Coming to Broken Arrow

Okay, so it's not a Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabelas, but it's better than nothing. They're more like an Academy. But they do carry a few more different brands than BPS or Wal-Mart.

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don there is also going to be 2 more Dick's in the Tulsa area also. 1 at 71st and 75 hwy and the other on 71st across from Home Depot on the north side. Nothing like having a few more places to choose from.
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a Dick's closeby but I hardly ever go there. Academy has more fishing, hunting, sports,....heck! More of everything. And...theyre way cheaper.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Academy as well. It's amazing the stuff they carry in their Marine Dept. that our local BPS doesn't carry. They're a little higher than WalMart on some of their hunting and fishing stuff, but Academy carries a larger selection. Still wishing we had a Sportsmans Warehouse or Cabelas here!

Post Thanks / Like

I know for a fact Okie Don cabelas come to Coweta town to build and could not get any help from the city of Coweta higharchy such as a tax break ect ect so they went elsewhere I am glad to have another choice comming besides Acadamey and BPS its grand to live near these places we are very lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Anything is better than Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I like Dick's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big George View Post
    I know for a fact Okie Don cabelas come to Coweta town to build and could not get any help from the city of Coweta higharchy such as a tax break ect ect so they went elsewhere I am glad to have another choice comming besides Acadamey and BPS its grand to live near these places we are very lucky
    I'd heard that before somewhere, doesn't surprise me. City leaders know that if they start bringing in large tax amounts, there'll be more eyes on where it's going.

I'd also heard about a year or so ago they were looking at a spot at the Intersection of I-40 and Hwy 75 in Henryetta, but that City wouldn't work with them either. Having grown up there, that also doesn't surprise me!

@ CG

I think Walmart is slowly but surely changing their Sporting Goods Dept. A few months ago, or heck, maybe last year, I read an article that said they were going to start carrying a wider selection of Sporting Goods. A few Walmarts are going to start selling guns again. I noticed that there is a lot less of the Remington branded merchandise on the shelves this year. Not sure if that's good or bad, but they're carrying Fieldline packs this year instead of the Remington branded ones. I don't expect them to completely make the changes overnight, but hopefully as local competition grows from the likes of Dick's, Academy, BPS or whomever, they'll become more competitive on the stuff they carry. And don't forget, they'll price match Sporting Goods too!

Post Thanks / Like

Okie, every Walmart in the Tulsa area carries guns.

Post Thanks / Like

The one in Coweta and the one near the Turnpike on 71st in BA doesn't....yet...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast