Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to Buy a New Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking to Buy a New Boat

Right now I have a 16ft Xpress bass boat and it's just to small for someone my size. Also, I really want a livewell up front.

I'm looking at several boats and looking for some feedback on the models. I really like the War Eagle Predador 861 but it's super expensive compared to the rest. The models I'm looking at are below.

G3 Eagle 176
    • Biggest Con is wood decking
    • Can only get 70hp motor (2 stroke)
    • I like the boat other than the decking

Lowe ST 195
    • This didn't jump out at me on the showroom but looks promising.

Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 TF
    • Have to add 2 person seating up front

War Eagle 861 Predator
    • The only thing I don't like is the price.
    • Have to special order a trailer with breakaway tongue so it'll fit in my garage

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Tracker 175 and love it. Big bang for the buck. You can get set up with an after market dual seat system for the front.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

You made the comment for someone my size, so I'm guessing that you are a big guy. When I was shopping the first boat I took for a test drive was the war eagle and it was just not big enough up front for me and another. Also not quite as stable for me moving around as I would prefer. Keep in mind that I'm 6'6 325 so certainly on the big side of the scale. I went with a lowe 180 stinger with a 115 opti and love it. It has three seat mounts up front and 3 live wells 2 of them up front. It has a huge front deck and handles me and a partner very well side by side.

I know the war eagle is very popular for many it just didn't fit me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about 6'2" and 249.9 lb. I don't have any issue moving around on the xpress I have now but the trolling motor foot pedal is taking up all the room up front.

Post Thanks / Like

Give the Stinger a hard look. Much more beam much further forward than anything else on your list.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im 6'1" 350lbs and got a Lowe Stinger 175 this spring and love it.

Cost wise it is right in line with the Tracker. All aluminum. Front deck is much wider than the Tracker and War Eagle. Front and rear live wells with minnow buckets in each. Already has 3 seat plates up front so you can go 1 or 2 up front. It is packaged just like the Tracker. Semi vee design so it is pretty good in a chop.

The only thing I would have done different is upgrade the TM. I already had Depth finders, which needed an upgrade also.

Post Thanks / Like

We looked at the Stinger - maybe it was just the one we saw, but the quality of the welds didn't look good, lots of unfinished edges with rough surfaces. We looked at the Tracker, but have you noticed the package is always with the minimum recommended hp motor? By the time you upgrade to higher hp, you've added a chunk of money to the bottom line. So we bit the bullet and got the Predator and we're really happy with it. We fish side by side up front - Paul is 6'7" and 300+ and let's just say I'm fluffy . We don't knock into each other spinning our seats around and have yet to take any water over the bow in rough water. Most money we've ever spent on a boat, but still cheaper than fiberglass or Xpress and we plan to fish out of it for a very long time.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had and express,G3 EAGLE 175 and now own a predator and I feel it's the best boat I've ever owned!!I'm 6'4"@250lbs and move around with 2 ppl front or back with now problems.I was also looking for a boat with a low front deck and lots of storage/accesories.....predator!!

I was also looking for a boat that road and handled well especially turning and after trying a # of different boats I found this in the predator!! I feel it was worth every penny!! JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

If you can think a little outside the box, check out the Carolina Skiff 1780DLX. No glitz and glammer but HUGE decks and many options for mounting rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Paul,
    Other than what has been mentioned - I think you might add the Excel 860 Crappie and the Sea Ark CRX186 to your list. Both are good rigs with nice layouts and heavy gauge .125 hulls. I just bought the Excel myself and I like it a lot. I think that taking it slow, asking a lot of questions, and determining what you can't do without are key. I made a chart of features, options, and prices. I think you are using the same type approach and will get a good un

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast