Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie fishing trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie fishing trip

iam interested in fishing at evergreen lake,spring lake,clinton lake,blue lakes(cilco owned).if you dont mind me tagging along w/you to learn more about crappie fishing in the area. i would like to talk to you.i do jig for crappie in s.e. oklahoma 4 or 5 times a year.glad to pay for gas + lunch or any launching fees.during the week works best for me.take care + God bless.dale 309-642-9589
    boat arks/button willows

Post Thanks / Like

dreeser....where do you live? My wife usually goes with me but if I have a weekend when she is busy you're more than welcome to a seat in my boat. I am not as good a crappie fisherman as a lot of the folks on this site but I catch my share.

Post Thanks / Like

slabmaster ll
    i live in morton il,thanks for the invite.sounds great,were do you fish ? how do you catch your crappie?take care dale
    boat arks/button willows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dreeser
    slabmaster ll
    i live in morton il,thanks for the invite.sounds great,were do you fish ? how do you catch your crappie?take care dale

I like to go to a number of different places. My favorite is Argyle Lake down by Macomb, a beautiful little 95 acre lake. I also go to Clinton, Shelbyville and Banner Marsh and a bunch of other places. I have never been to Evergreen but a fella at work goes there quite a bit and just about has me talked into getting a permit this year and giving it a try. I work at Cat in East Peoria and have some friends in Morton. My wife and I usually fish on the weekends but if we try maybe we can get together after work sometime if your schedule permits. We are taking a crappie fishing vacation to Norfork Lake in Arkansas in a week but when we get back when the weather cooperates lets try to work something out. And when I take someone fishing I don't expect them to pay for it..it doesn't cost me any more to take another person than it does to go by myself, you can pay me by teaching me how to catch more fish!!!!! ... by the way...where is Blue Lakes(cilco)?....Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Dreeser, I live in Normal and do a lot of fishing out at Evergreen. Let me know if you're ever in the area.
    Defensor Fortis

Post Thanks / Like

Default very interested

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    I like to go to a number of different places. My favorite is Argyle Lake down by Macomb, a beautiful little 95 acre lake. I also go to Clinton, Shelbyville and Banner Marsh and a bunch of other places. I have never been to Evergreen but a fella at work goes there quite a bit and just about has me talked into getting a permit this year and giving it a try. I work at Cat in East Peoria and have some friends in Morton. My wife and I usually fish on the weekends but if we try maybe we can get together after work sometime if your schedule permits. We are taking a crappie fishing vacation to Norfork Lake in Arkansas in a week but when we get back when the weather cooperates lets try to work something out. And when I take someone fishing I don't expect them to pay for it..it doesn't cost me any more to take another person than it does to go by myself, you can pay me by teaching me how to catch more fish!!!!! ... by the way...where is Blue Lakes(cilco)?....Kenny
    sorry about not getting back.the lakes you mentioned,have not fished,but have read about them in illinois fish and game magazine.except argle lake.heard some catch a good # at evergreen,about size anybodys guess.would be worth a try.i do have a map somewere.would like to get together for a trip or two.monday-tuesday ane wednesday am are best.how was the trip to arkansas?its very nice for you to say no charge.i do want to help out.i dont have much equipment,just read a lot about crappie fishing.my wife and i returned from s.e.oklahoma,was able to fish one day.blue lakes is somewere by canton.cilco employees pay a fee to fish the lakes.
    boat arks/button willows

Post Thanks / Like

Default evergreen trip

Quote Originally Posted by D. Busman
    Dreeser, I live in Normal and do a lot of fishing out at Evergreen. Let me know if you're ever in the area.
    i am willing to make a trip over some-time.what days do you fish the lake?mon-tues-wed are best for me.do you jig for them? is their any standing timber in that lake?
    boat arks/button willows

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the standing timber is up out of the water right now. The lake is still several feet below normal, but the rain we got yesterday should help.

I usually try to go out on weekdays after I get off of work and typically use white grubs with either a 1/16 pink head or a 1/16 orange road-runner head. I was thinking about going out with some wax worms, had some luck with them down at Clinton on Friday.

Weekdays after 2:30 are good for me. Don't have access to a boat right now though. Still some good bank areas to fish, and the spawn will be starting up soon. Let me know if there are any dates that would be best for you.
    Defensor Fortis