Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pending cuts

Post Thanks / Like

Default pending cuts

Policy

Recreational Fish Hatcheries on the Chopping Block

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's (FWS) National Fish Hatchery System (NFHS) is responsible for stocking many of our nation's waters with the fish that anglers enjoy pursuing. In response to recent cuts in the federal budget, the FWS has proposed an $11 million reduction in NFHS funding, with $6 million coming from the account for operating mitigation hatcheries. If approved, this large reduction will result in the closure of nine hatcheries, seven of which are located in the southeastern U.S., greatly reducing angling opportunity in the region. Send a message to your Members of Congress urging them to take the necessary actions to restore the NFHS budget and keep our nation's hatcheries operating (This will be linked to the alert once it is up).

Copied this from the fish informer, hope this isn't something we will see more of.

Post Thanks / Like

Federal Recreational Fish Hatcheries are on the Chopping Block
    Here's a link that I found. I think you can left click on it and it should take you to the site. Thumbs Up
    http://www.keepamericafishing.org/action/take_action
    Last edited by Goldeneye; 07-15-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    "Gottabefishin"

Post Thanks / Like

well its time in this country to stop waisting money! we should only be spending money on necessities till times get better. fish stocking, while very nice, dont qualify as a necessity. sucks but some of you voted the ignorant buck into office!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by river scum View Post
    well its time in this country to stop waisting money! we should only be spending money on necessities till times get better. fish stocking, while very nice, dont qualify as a necessity. sucks but some of you voted the ignorant buck into office!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

sorry river scum, I don't buy the comment "but some of you voted the ignorant buck into office!".

Congress makes and passes the laws, the pres. is just a figurehead or someone to take the heat when crapola hits the fan! The current recession was caused long before BO! Congress repealed Glass-Steagle and passed NAFTA (all by the GOP).

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN and tell them under no circumstances are programs like this or social security/medicare/medicaid OR anything for the middle/lower classes to be cut WITHOUT cutting their benefits/pay/pension/insurance, subsidies (AKA corporate welfare), the military, get rid of a few departments within like the IRS (replace with fairtax.org), Dept. of Energy and Education (let each state handle their education needs) to name a few. Congress is a bunch of gutless rich morons that are paid by special interest groups to vote the way they do. VOTE all incumbents out the next election!

ALSO: Stop shoving their beliefs down our throats! I am tired of hearing about abortion, gays, congressional hearings on drugs in baseball, toyota's crappy cars etc . Those are decoys so we don't force them to do their jobs and fix this economy! Next the government will start telling us what religion is best and condemn the rest. They intrude way toooooooo much in our lives. Their job is to work for the people and design a fair system for ALL! All means everybody, not a select few...

BTW - I draw social security and I have complained loudly to Burton (worthless), Coats (former special interest grouper and made millions) and Lugar (too old and thinks big business rules) to NOT cut my SS or I will be at their office w/news reporters BITCHING!!!

tb
    Last edited by retiredff; 07-23-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added more!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All, it'll take is to reduce some of the foreign aid (maybe to Pakistan...which isnt on the bargaining table) to cover the cost to keep our fisheries going. I voted to keep the fisheries going.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the cost of fishing licenses, registration, and launch permits will drop accordingly.................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMoon View Post
    I'm sure the cost of fishing licenses, registration, and launch permits will drop accordingly.................
    Thats funny Neon!!!! You know when they make cuts in the fishing department then they raise the prices of everything.
    Isn't it something that none of our DNR properties have a garbage can at the boat ramp. This just blows my mind.
    Then you go to places like Eagle Creek, Geist and Morse which all charge an extra fee to launch and yet they don't have a fish cleaning station.
    Indiana is ridiculas when it comes to providing a good service to the outdoorsman / Women. Go to Kentucky they charge $3 to launch and they have trash cans and a NICE fish cleaning station. All in priorities....
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, for the amount that they charge to launch at geist someone should clean out your boat for you.
    RJA28

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just the beginning,,wait till 50,000 are out of space and scientific jobs,,its just starting..wait till all the tax increases kick in,,in 2012, and 2013,,and yes,,,I blame the buck in office that I didn't vote for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast