Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Astor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Astor

I will be in the Astor are fishing next week and was hoping to get a report on what is.isn't biting. Any help will be apperciated.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wish i was there.

Wifes grandparents had a place at Powell's campground. Used to go down every feb and oct. Post your results, may get the bug to go back down this october.
    Good luck!
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

im heading to the other side of the lake (georgetown) this thur-sun will give
    you a report on monday

jon
    hold my beer im fixin to try sumthin:

Post Thanks / Like

Default See ya there

I will also be in Astor the week of April 8th. I am staying at South Moon. I have not been down there in 15 years but went there every year for 20 years before then. Hope to se ya there and maybe we can share spots if we find them.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be on Blue Creek, White 17" CC with a 90 Yamaha. I'll be the one that looks like he doesn't know what he is doing. Hope to see you there.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the trip is over and we didn't find that many crappie, but we had a ball with the shellcracker and bream. Life is good!!!!
    Birddog,

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find the bream? I am going to be fishing the river in the Welaka area and the north end of Lake George. Might trailer to Astor for a day or two as well...any advice appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they will still be there or not but we were in the St John's before the jeddies (sp) as you get close to the mouth of the st. John's ther will be a large tree that has been beached. Just before that is a smaller tree (you can only see the top). We fished in between these tow trees in about 6 to 7 feet of water. Shellcrackers on bottom with pinks and bream about a foot from the bottom on crickets. If they are bedding go through the jeddies (sp) inot the lake and start looking to your right, I think it is called Jones Cove. If you see boats lined up they fish are bedding there, I was told to just get in line. I hope you know Lake George pretty well. I never found water deeper than 9 feet no matter where I went while on the lake itself. Let me know how you do.
    Birddog,

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Birddog,

I appreciate the post. I'm planning to go down about May 8th or so and stay about a week. I usually fish the in the north end of Big George and down river into Little George. It's been probably 15 or more years since I fished out of Astor, but use to a good bit. I know the beds on the bottom end of the lake you mentioned. My plans are to spend at least a couple of days on the south end of the Lake. I'll let you know how it goes. It's hard to have more fun than to find those big shellcrackers and gills.

Post Thanks / Like

awsome prayer!!!!