Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Visiting Orlando, need somewhere to fish:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visiting Orlando, need somewhere to fish:

Next week, the family is leaving North Georgia for spring break in Orlando.
    Does anyone from here know of good small waters to catch crappie around Orlando. I would like to fish from the bank but might consider towing my 15 ft jonboat if it were worthwhile. Please be detailed locations since I know nothing about lakes or reservoirs there.

flslabhunter Guest

There is a small lake that is right on Disney property on Griffin Rd right off of US 192. I have caught some 10-12 inchers out of this lake. Not many people fish it. It is perfect for a Jon Boat. Let me know when you're going to be here and I will give you my cell phone # to give you more details if you need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by flslabhunter
    There is a small lake that is right on Disney property on Griffin Rd right off of US 192. I have caught some 10-12 inchers out of this lake. Not many people fish it. It is perfect for a Jon Boat. Let me know when you're going to be here and I will give you my cell phone # to give you more details if you need it.

Let me in on the secret lake,I want to play too.

Post Thanks / Like

I flew out of Orlando last Sunday and was absolutely amazed at all the small ponds and bank fishermen arround the airport. I bet I saw 10 different ponds as I rode the tram at the airport. All of the ponds were mowed right to the edge of the water and all of the fisherman had there cars parked right on the side of the road so apparently this is acceptable in Florida.

This isnt my neck of the woods but I just happend to see folks fishing in the area you mentioned and thought I would give you a heads up. Good luck on you trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Flslabhunter, I will arrive Sunday and probably get out middle of the week. Are there boat launches at the lakes ( I could bring my kayak if no lauches)? I'll give you a call for directions when I get there.

flslabhunter Guest

Default Boat Launch

There is a place to slide the boat in on the side of the water, but not an actual launch. If your Jon Boat only has a trolling motor you should be able to get it in the water. My cell phone is 407-738-0141. Talk to you soon.