Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mosquito Creek lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mosquito Creek lake

I have been hearing that the crappie are biting early morning and late evening at mosquito. I was wondering if anybody had been up there in the past week that could give some kind of report as too what they are hitting on, When the bite is better in the a.m. or p.m. so that i might have some kind of plan. I am planning on taking my dad this saturday. We dont get a chance to get out due to our work schedules. Hopefully i can give you good report saturday evening as to what is really happening at the skeeter.
    "GIVE A MAN A FISH AND HE EATS FOR A DAY.
    TEACH A MAN TO FISH AND HE EATS FOR A LIFETIME
    ."

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Went there today and had a pretty good day. Caught over 40 crappies but only kept a dozen. 14ft water near the drop, 9 ft down. Used a pearl shad and 1/8oz head. Also got 4 eyes.

cRaPPiezilla Guest

Thumbs up Causeway!

The fish are biting after dark on the north side west of the bridge! Catching some on the south. Using bobbers and minnows. Fish form 2 to 4 ft down and watch the crappies run with it!!

Post Thanks / Like

As I Promised Here's The Report From The First Trip Of The Year. Hit Mosquito With Dad Saturday Morning. The Weather Was Alright With The Wind Blowing Out Of The S.w. For Most Of The Morning And The Temp Was About 48 Degrees. We Hit The Causeway At About 6:00am And Within 20 Minutes Dad Had The First Of The Three Crappie That Were Caught At The Skeet Between 6 And Noon On Minnows, 4ft Down. After Leaving We Hit Ladue On The Way Back Home. Stopped At The Auburn Rd. Bridge And The Bite Was Very Slow. Just As It Was At The Skeet. But I Hook A Nice Ten Incher There At Ladue And Caught 7-8 Really Nice Gills On Waxworms 1ft Down. So I Think A Couple More Weeks From Now With Thermometer Going Up A Few More Notches The Bite Will Be Hot And Heavy.
    "GIVE A MAN A FISH AND HE EATS FOR A DAY.
    TEACH A MAN TO FISH AND HE EATS FOR A LIFETIME
    ."