Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report - Pomme 7/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report - Pomme 7/13

Made it out to the lake today, it was a cool beautiful morning. What a nice break from what we've had the last few days. This report is a drastic change from last week, last week we had limits in a few hours, this week we were just dreaming of enough to have for dinner - what a difference!

Had six, yes only 6, from 6 - 11 this morning. Actually had several bites just couldn't get the hook set. Tried all kinds of stuff, shorter jig etc.... still couldn't get the little boogers to cooperate. The fishing trip was good, company great, catching...well at least I made it to the lake!

Did see two very unique things I've never seen:

1. Shad were swimming around the surface every where, from this years hatch to season vets. Was privileged to watch a crappie swim up (visability was probably 1.5' or so) attack a shad and dive back to the safety of his tree!

2. Able to catch a crappie bust a school of shad, come out of the water and flop three times on the surface and then dive back in like a submarine!

Great day to all,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain,don't know what happened on that lake.lots of bites but can't set the hook.seen a crappie jump over a log in the water chasing my lure once,Atleast you got out and enjoyed the cooler morning.Thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

cool, sorry the crappie had a good day, but what the heck fish need a break once in a while,,,, bad luck to the fish next time,,,,

next time you will get them, but hey it looked like a nice day out to me.

and on the fish story, Jim and I were dipping trees and Jim had one come out of the water and hit his jig on the way down, while the jig was still on top of the water,,, twice,, second time he got it,,, pretty neat what one sees while on the water... jim is drfishjd...

Post Thanks / Like

Tough bite, sounds like the crappie kept you entertained nonetheless. Would be neat to see that.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Brad, you are absolutely correct the shad population at Pomme is the best I've seen in the 10 plus years I have been fishing it regularly. By October the crappie will be so fat they won't even be able to swim!