Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question from NC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question from NC

Hello,

I'm a fellow brother of the crappie family. I will be in the area this weekend for about a week. I was wondering if any one can give me some information on Rend Lake..Also would anyone be interested in telling me or showing me some good places to fish. I will not be able to keep anything because I will not have any place to keep them until my return trip home.

Thanks for taking the time to read and any information you may pass along to me.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to post of the IL forum, that's where Rend is. Where will you be?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, BarryG is right.
    About an hour south of us.
    I was on the lake a couple of weeeks ago. Water about like everything
    right now. stained--water temp in the 40's. I found fish in the creek channels
    staging. Verticle jigged for them. Chartruese color when sunny, black/ chartruese when cloud cover. Caught a few, nothing very good sized.
    fished only a couple hours. Have heard better reports coming from Crab Orchard which I'll be on this week-end.

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

skip Rend lake, there are much better places over there if you want to stay in illinois. Rend might be really good if you had one of those side imaging $1,000 fish finders, but that might be gross also because then you would see all the bodies that are inevitably on the bottom.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

I want to say thanks for the replies from this post. Sorry it has taken me this long to respond. A bite of bad news for me is that I will not be able to take anytime to go fishing. This is the best time, I know. In June when I get a chance to come back I think the fish will be off the banks.

I will be at Embassy Down town St. Louis. Once again I want to say thanks for the advice. I have to study for a test that I have on the 11, and for that reason is the only reason why I will not be able to go fishing. I hope I get a chance to go to the Bass Pro Shop, a fishhermans toy store.

Thanks again and I wish you the best on the lake...