Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: White Bass and temperature question

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Bass and temperature question

I've been fishing everyday for the past 2 weeks. Usually on the water by 6 and off around 1 when it really starts to get hot. Seems that the big whites turn on around 11 when the temp is around 90. We're supposed to have a "cold front" move thru here tonight and highs for tomorrow are going to be in the high 80's. My question is--how is the temp change going to affect the bite? Or will it affect the bite at all?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not an expert by any means but I have noticed the same thing, and I have heard that because many baitfish feed on phytoplanktion and the plankton photosynthesize more as the sun rises, so as the minnows starting moving and feeding on the multiplying plankton the white bass follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Just follow the bait. I'm sure you've been noticing the schools of shad skimming across the water. Around here, rain is about the only thing that will push the bait down a few feet, at least this time of year. We're catching whites anywhere from 0'-9'. Just depends on where the bait is.