Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New lake/rec area!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New lake/rec area!!

St. Peters, MO opened the 370 lakeside park!!!
    St. Peters RV Park

Looks pretty neat, but havent wetted a line there. When my family and I drove through there were a few people bank fishing (Didnt stop to see how they were doing)

Other than the rental price of the small boats being high (The other serious issue is absolutely no shade)!!!

S

Post Thanks / Like

One other issue:
    FISHING RULE--CATCH AND RELEASE

Bass, Blue Gill and Channel Catfish are on a Catch-and-Release Rule until further notice.

Post Thanks / Like

ya, from what i heard they haven,t stocked it too well, yet. I'm afraid it will see a lot if pressure givin the population in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

i live about a mile away and they are saying that anything that is in the mississippi is in this lake due to flooding last year,
    Last edited by jbornhop; 07-13-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbornhop View Post
    i live about a mile away and they are saying that anything that is in the mississippi is in this lake due to flooding last year,
    Bingo.

I went there for a couple hours about 3 weeks ago to try out my new Terrova (Which I love!) I was mostly just playing with the motor but we slow trolled some grubs and cranks and I caught 2 White Bass and a Drum. I heard they stocked some Bass last fall but didnt catch any. My graph showed tons of fish and I assume a good portion of them were Carp and Gar. I never saw any readings deeper then 8 feet and it was 7-8 feet through most of the lake. I did see a decent amount of cover out there though. Not sure what it was.

Post Thanks / Like

did you make it to the far west end of the lake where the brush piles were at i have not been on the lake but have been wanting to try it out didnt no how hard it would be to load up the boat by myself with just a trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbornhop View Post
    did you make it to the far west end of the lake where the brush piles were at i have not been on the lake but have been wanting to try it out didnt no how hard it would be to load up the boat by myself with just a trolling motor
    I didn't go all the way to the other end of the lake. There is a spot about 2/3 of the way down from the boat launch where the lake gets narrow. It's right next to the camping area. The depth went quickly to 2 feet in that area and I decided not totake my pretty new trolling motor any further.

I forgot to mention that a guy I talked to near the ramp said he knew someone that was catching bullhead cats out of there too. I didnt see any caught but if it's true it just goes to show what a mixed bag that little lake is right now. It will be interesting to see what happens with it when people are able to keep fish. They really need to get the rough fish cleared out.

Post Thanks / Like

And if the flood water got in there, I wonder if the asian carp got in?
    S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neosmatrix View Post
    And if the flood water got in there, I wonder if the asian carp got in?
    S
    I didnt see any but I saw some Gar so if the Gar got in I am sure the Asian Carp are in there too. I also saw lots of big fish on my graph and I have a feeling most of them were Carp.

Post Thanks / Like

I would bet there are asians in there.When the word gets out every carp and catfishing bank fisherman from St.Louis will be there.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast