Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Extending front deck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extending front deck.

What material does the best job for extending the front deck of an aluminum boat? It happens to be a Polar Craft, just wanna make the front deck bigger. Thanks. Also up for some homemade live well ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a smarty, but it's probably aluminum if possible. Can you post a pic of the front deck and a better description of why you want to extend it? Just want more space to move around, more storage, room for 2, etc?

My last boat was a tracker 165. I built a removable deck extension out of landscaping timbers, treated 2X4s, and marine plywood. I bought some outdoor carpet from lowes and covered it. Worked pretty good for what I wanted, but your project depends on what you need and how much you can spend...

Post Thanks / Like

x2 with splitshot82. I do fiberglass on boats alot. A picture would be helpful, just keep in mind the weight you are going to add by doing this. I can recommend some things for ya but I need to know what kind of money you are limited to. Coosa board is really good but pricey,also need to know if you want to make it perminent or removeable. Alot of things you can do but need to what ideas you have in mind.