Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman water temperature

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman water temperature

Hey guys, do any of you know what the water temp. is on Lake Truman? I was told told 58-60 is about the best, but I have also had different opinions on that, too. This is a great website!!

Post Thanks / Like

better try 48-50

Post Thanks / Like

hey Bruce, you mean 48-50 is the optimum or that is what it is right now? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

that's what it is now, rosey. 58 - 61 is ideal for the crappie spawn to start. there is good fishing to be had before that tho. pre-spawn crappie fishing can be very good. the big sows start to move out of the main lake and start to stage at the mouths of creeks and spawning coves. look for them at the first break off the banks. water depth will vary.

good luck to you.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

absolute best range is between 60-66 isn't it? as far as the spawing bite goes anyway. during a typical year, on a typical lake that is usually mid april to mid may. you have to define typical though.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

tis true fryguy. that is optimum. however, the males move to the banks sooner than the big females do. i suppose they are there to make the nicest beds to impress the females. we all know how females can be about such things.
    3rd week of april is typically a good start time for the truman crappies.

good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

The key to catching spawning crappies on Truman is to get there before the crowds do. I usually start fishing the (banks) around the 10th of April give or take a couple of days depending on the weather. If we get a couple of upper 70 degree days with the lows in the mid 50's. Fish upper creek arms in dingy water. A jig a foot under a float.
    Good luck all.