Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally got out monday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally got out monday

Haven't posted much,not much to say I guess(imagine that!Doh )

Checked out the river about 5:30 am. just to get out of the house for a while before it got too hot..threw the cast net a while for kicks..only a few large shad but lots of little 2-3 inchers (and a 2# flatheadHands Clapping )

Went under the bridge for shade for a few hours..Tossed a few chunks of shad out for cats..lots of bites but few hookups..jerks..litterally:rolleyes:

Floated the small shad,dead,under a float,minnow style about 3 feet deep with no weight.There was enough breeze to keep it drifting along the riprap....quite a bit of action on that...7 crappie that would have been keepers,drum up to7#,channels up to 5#,a few whites...even got a crappie on just a little strip of cut shad when that was all I had left.
    Not many bites deeper,all the action was when it got near the rocks about 3-4 feet of water.

BTW,was coverd in ticks just walking about 50 feet from the road to under the bridge,didn't even think about spraying for them,still was a nice morning.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear from you again and glad ya got out. Ticks are bad right now!

Post Thanks / Like

ticks got to eat also,,, we get a dab of rain I am sitting fire to the under brush,,, that'al show em whos boss

by the way congrats on the catch and more on the day out.... far as I been getting is up the hill to the pond and back to the air.... later man

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cook, glad to see you got out and had enough luck to make a report on it. Sounds like you stayed pretty busy at times. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you cook, was wondering where you got off to!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun morning .. thanks for the report and good to hear from you.