Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canjun Red fishing Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canjun Red fishing Line

I was getting some grubs, etc., the other day and just browsing the aisles at the local store, saw the Canjun Red Line, and read on the box that the red line is almost invisible from about 3 feet on down in the water, so as to not spook the fish with an obvious line attached to the lure. Ok, fine, another marketing claim/statement to some extent. I think the box also stated that fish can't see red as well as other colors which is why their line is red, easy to see above the water line, almost invisible below the water. How come most people prefer the red hooks on their lures. Have heard/read numerous comments about how the red hook gives the appearance of an injured baitfish, and helps in drawing a strike/hit. Which theory is more correct, anybody know ?
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of different plastics or jigs in the box that are red or have red in them, that will boat fish. I have a ton of red/redish crankbaits that will boat fish.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I never paid much attention to it. I use the Hi Vis Wally line and Hi Vis Yellow Stren because I can see it. Doesn't seem to bother the fish atall.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno! But the line doesnt scare the fish cause I have it on my striper rods and if any fish is gonna get spooked it should be them.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

If they can't see red.Why does alot of people use jigs,crank baits or whatever that have red in them?Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

i've been so mad at the fish before that i saw red.

i've caught a lot of bass using the cajun red line.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used red Cajun line a lot and can't tell that the fish act any different while using it.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO ....
    Semi truths / marketing ploy Thumbs Up

Red line won't "disappear" three feet under the surface. As long as light can reach it, it's visible.

Red line is transparent ... light passes thru it, so it's "less" visible under the same conditions as a red hook.

Red hooks are opaque ... light reflects off it, so it's "more" visible, to a certain extent, than black/bronze hooks (which may blend in with the background)

Everything depends on water clarity, how much light is present, and at what depth these things are viewed (as well as from what angle).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

"...visible light is composed of a range of wavelengths, with violet being the shortest and red being the longest. Water absorbs the red end of the spectrum more easily than the blue end, at a depth of only 1 metre 25% of the red light entering the water has already been absorbed. What this means in practice is that the deeper you go the less color you can see, and below 100 metres there is no real color vision at all." 1 meter is about 3 feet, right?

The Earth Life Web, the Fish Eye and Sight in Fish <---good source on the visual abilities of fish...know your prey!

Post Thanks / Like

When the line first came out, I think it was Blakemore that did the study on it and wrote a report about the findings to what Pappy said. Basicly it said that the light passed thru the line but couldn't with the red hooks. Like what Pappy said. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast