Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish tacos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish tacos

Walked into the living room Sunday morning and wife was watching Food Network, they were making fish tacos. Been wanting to try this since I saw HookedOnFishing's post a few weeks ago. Found the recipe online, off to the grocery store we went. The marinade was easy to make, and my wife even made the flour tortillas from scratch. These things are AWESOME, and just something a little different if you usually only eat your crappie fried. We invited some of our neighbors over and polished off a about a pound and a half of the good fresh fillets that Buckwheat and I caught on Saturday, along with a pitcher of margaritas and a homemade blackberry cobbler.

Here is the link to the recipe, we just substituted crappie for tilapia and did everything else the same. The sauce in the recipe looks like it would take way too long to make. So, we bought the crema and canned chipotle peppers for the sauce at a Mexican grocery store here in Springfield. You could definitely use store bought tortillas and make it even easier, but if you make this don't leave out that sauce--it's got a really good smokey hot pepper taste and I thought it was what made this so good.

Fish Taco Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this recipe, too, and it was awesome! I didn't have time to make the crema, and I don't know of any stores around that carry it, so I used sour cream mixed with the chipotles.....yuuummmmm!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely going to try this .. thanks for posting it.

Post Thanks / Like

ooops.................. thought I was gonna see something else on this thread. lol. Guess my mind wanders too much.......lol

Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ LipRipper

Where's my invite @ CrappieHawg

Post Thanks / Like

CRAPPIEHAWG....... I told you so.

I'll check out you site.

Glad you like them.

LATER HOF