Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbe - first time on Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbe - first time on Crappie.com

Hello all....this is David from Collierville and this is my first post so I hope it works?

After at least a year of reading and learning on crappie.com, I finally decided to get a login.

Was in FL on vacation this past week and went deep sea fishing....what a blast.

We caught about 60 fish - Red Snapper, King Mackerel, Cobia, Triggerfish, and others. The highlight was when Jacob was reeling in a fish and a huge shark swirled at the fish near the boat...guess that fish forgot about the hook in it's mouth when it saw the shark.

Talked to the Captain after we got off the boat and inquired about how deep we were fishing,etc. He said we were fishing about 125 foot deep over man-made structure that he had dropped in the ocean. He explained how he grew up in Alabama and loved to crappie fish and put out his own crappie beds. When he moved to FL, he just took that same concept and applied it.....I can attest that it works.

Look forward to seeing everyone Thursday at the WTCC meeting.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome fom west,tn,should be at the meeting if work allows
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet a Hook View Post
    Hello all....this is David from Collierville and this is my first post so I hope it works?

After at least a year of reading and learning on crappie.com, I finally decided to get a login.

Was in FL on vacation this past week and went deep sea fishing....what a blast.

We caught about 60 fish - Red Snapper, King Mackerel, Cobia, Triggerfish, and others. The highlight was when Jacob was reeling in a fish and a huge shark swirled at the fish near the boat...guess that fish forgot about the hook in it's mouth when it saw the shark.

Talked to the Captain after we got off the boat and inquired about how deep we were fishing,etc. He said we were fishing about 125 foot deep over man-made structure that he had dropped in the ocean. He explained how he grew up in Alabama and loved to crappie fish and put out his own crappie beds. When he moved to FL, he just took that same concept and applied it.....I can attest that it works.

Look forward to seeing everyone Thursday at the WTCC meeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Joelton, Tn.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from North West Tn.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff