Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Tv Show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tv Show

There Is A Crappie Tv Show Coming On The Outdoor Channel At 830 Central.the Show Is People Who Fish With Todd Huckabee

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TOMMY4UA, for the heads up! I've been wanting to see Todd Huckabee do some fishing. Had to call my Sister and have her record it for me because we don't get The Outdoor Channel at the house.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

i watched the show and it was unreal. it was august and air temp was 95 water was over 90 and he was catching fish in 2 to 3 feet of water.i thought it would be impossible but i have never tried it.it will be something i try this summer

Post Thanks / Like

I missed it but it is coming back on wed at 830 central.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to see the show with Todd Huckabee. Man, I could not believe how much I learned in 15 minutes listening to him! Just when you thought you had heard or read about everything you could learn about crappie fishing along comes Todd Huckabee!

Hopefully he will make a video or write a book one of these days.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hot water/shallow crappie

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY4UA
    i watched the show and it was unreal. it was august and air temp was 95 water was over 90 and he was catching fish in 2 to 3 feet of water.i thought it would be impossible but i have never tried it.it will be something i try this summer
    We have caught crappie at Nimrod shallow in the hot summer for years. They will be on the flats chasing shad . People around here used to troll minnows a lot. These days several use crank baits to troll. Some troll drop offs , but at times the crappie will get very shallow even in 100 degree weather. When the lake heats up there is more oxygen shallow sometimes. The crappie follow the threadfin shad.
    When I was a kid in the early 1970's we spider rigged a lot. We often set minnows 18 to 24 inches under corks . Trolled these real slow through shallow flats. This was mostly in July and August , when it was real hot. But we also caught lots of channel cats fishing this way.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs