Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wapp 7-9-11

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wapp 7-9-11

Got to the ramp a 0 dark thirty this morning. Some YA HOO parked in front of the ramp. Hmmmmm, that truck and Ya HOO looks familiar. Morning Timber! Lol. After we both launch, I fished the we started fishing the river channel about a mile apart. Got two lines in the water when BAM. A 1.5 pound crappie sends me a wake up call. OH YA, this is going to get good!!!!! Well it didn't. Spent the next hour throwing back dinks. Timber texts me and says he has 6 in the box. A few are nice ones. Move over says I and head his way. Wouldn't you know by the time I got there, the bite slowed. We head up river to explore some new spots. Found a few more with some pound plus fish in the mix. Sam Sandage came trolling by with a couple of other fella's in the boat. Talked to them for a few seconds when one of my 16 foot poles doubled over. WOO HOOO, I'VE HOOKED A SPEEDING TRACTOR TRAILER!!!! I worked the fish to the outside of my spider rig set and play tug o war with him for a while. Sam says "His feet are stuck in the mud" Lol. After a while, the fish starts wearing out. I get it to the surface and I'm looking at about a 10 pound flathead. Oh crap, how am I going to land this thing with a 16 foot pole? Well, no worries. When the fish saw my pretty face, he found his second wind and took off for parts unknown. All I could do is hang on. Then the jig pulled out of his mouth. Dang it! Oh well. Did I mention I had a bald eagle sitting in the top of a dead tree watching the whole thing? I swear I heard him laughing! Beautiful day on the water. Caught some nice fish. Timber caught more nice fish and gave his to me at the ramp. Made four quart bags full of fillets. Good times!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day on the lake Speck.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Like a good day to me!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day Speck.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report speck and good work on some nice fish buddy.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

gotta love them good days, but o thirty is a bit rough for this ole crippled dude....glad you and timber got a good mess.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good day on the water plus 4 bags of fillets,can't beat that.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip. It's always good when you get to talk with other friends on the water too. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great way to spend a morning. I need to meet this "Timber" guy. Bring him up sometime.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast