Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailer light problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default trailer light problems

hi i have a 2001 trailstar trailer under my pro crappie 175,, my tail light isn't working,on right side, turn signals and brake lights fine. how do i replace the enclosed bulb??? thanks for any help..

Post Thanks / Like

You'll probably have to place the entire light assembly.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Crappiencali Is right i think have to replace the whole unit Afew years back my trailer did the same thing replaced the light unit it worked fine

Post Thanks / Like

is there a web site that shows how to replace the light?? i had the lense cover off and didn,t see how to replace the capsule..

Post Thanks / Like

The lenses and light are one assembly. You just take it out of the trailer and go to the boat shop and purchase a new one.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 2004 pro crappie 175 on a trailstar trailer,just changed a bulb the other day. take the 2 mounting nuts off the back of the light, turn the light upside down, there will be 2 little black screws to remove the clear bulb cover. use 12 volt #1157 bulb.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 2001 and the capsule comes out to be replaced. You should be able to get a replacement from bass pro or maybe walmart. I have bought a spare from walmart a couple of years ago. It plugs into the wiring harness in the end of the frame.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

thanks i will try to replace them before this weekend,,, l0w 60's no rain.. gotta go get some crappie.....

Post Thanks / Like

I broke mine trying to change them, so I baught new ones and mounted/ wire them one the trailer. The screws came loose from one and of course it was the side that held the tag. So I taped it up and got a new tag. I have yet to replace the light fixture again. They should make something more robust and easy to work with.
    LET IT RIP!

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have cut the capsule open with a hacksaw and changed the bulb and then siliconed the capsule back together. The only draw back to this is you need to make sure that the capsule is sealed before you put it in the water.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast