Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: thinking about the south

Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking about the south

allrighty, i am thinking about heading down to the carbondale area this weekend. has anybody been having luck in kincaide or other bodies of water nearby. also, are there walleye in kincaide?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

kincaid has walleye and they are caught at times but im not sure you could go there with the express purpose of catching a limit of walleye and actually be able to do it. Kinkaid is a fine crappie lake though and holds some large ones. Around Carbondale I would put Crab Orchard, Little Grassy and Cedar on my list. The latter 2 are 9.9 HP lakes though.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks poop, i am still unsure as to what i am going to feel like doing this weekend. i found out that they put smallies in kincaide for the first time (i guess) last year. obviously, that doesn't really matter for now, but in a few years if they keep it up that could be big fun. we just don't have many smallmouth in lakes, the rivers are fun, but they get bigger in the lakes.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold