Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catties on hot dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catties on hot dogs

Started at 5 am this morning on Halleck Pond, the goal was to get rid of the box of worms that have been sitting in my frig for the past week. After feeding the bluegills, i moved on to Walnut Creek in Papio shortly after 6am, but judging by the flashes of lightning, no wind and how green the water was near the dock, i figured it would be nothing but bluegill once again, and i was right. So i shot back over to Halleck Pond, rigged my heaviest rod and reel for catfishing with some hotdogs that i bought last week. I missed the first hit as I was still getting setup in my spot. Then I landed this guy...

Figured if i caught nothing else, i would at least get a shot of the 12" catfish i caught then put him back. Fished in the same area for about another 45 min, nothing but nibbles from smaller fish or ocassionally having the hot dog fly off the hook. I changed spots and once again right off the bat caught a 2nd catfish roughly 15" long.

Then i crossed the bridge and started fishing from the other side, when i caught the largest catfish i can remember. A 16" or 17" channel catfish. Missed him the first time as i was texting my sister, but i nabbed him the second time.

All together i caught 17 bluegills, and 3 channel catties. Grandma is going to be fixin' some cajun catfish for me tonight. Yummy!

I wear a size 12" shoe.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Chris, I was going to check and see if you were fishing tomorrow. I may go try Wehspan and see how big the Walleye are there. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Between the brim and the catfish it sounds like you have a real good mess of fish to fry. Congrats on the catch.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't keep the brim/bluegills, too small to keep. Plus I've had my fill of bluegills when i was kid, lol.