Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks for the help at Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the help at Smithville

The kid was not able to go so I took the wife. We went up the river side from W bridge found a spot in 26-28 fow that had alot of fish 12-15 down. We put out a green light and I boated 35+ only 3 keepers and 1 nice white bass. My wife on the other hand had only a few bites using the same thing, same depth, switched seats in boat tried it all to get her on fish with no luck. Now I am in search of a new crappie fishing partner. She said that she will go bass fishin, catfishin even carp fishin with me, but if I am gonna fish for crappie or trout she is out.

I am taking applications starting today, pm with details, experience, equipment etc. I have everything I need including boat and will travel for fish.

I caught most of mine one blue and white a few on yellow curly tail, few on silver swimmin shad, and a few on purple glitter.

Once again Thank You for all that sent the pointers.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught some. Nite bite for crappie on Smithville can be excellent at times. God bless.
    "Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya had a good time. You need to tell her to try again it happens to everyone once in a while. I suspect you just have a better knack for detecting the strikes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun night! Glad you found some and tell your wife I feel for her .. I'm usually the one in the boat that can't catch a cold, while everyone else is catching plenty.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work finding some.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Tell her she wasn't holding her mouth right! Hands Clapping