Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Camp Stove Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camp Stove Help

I am looking for a good camp stove to take fishing . I fish out of a kayak so it needs to be small . I will be using a 10 to 12 inch skillet to fry fish .

Post Thanks / Like

I have Coleman 533. It's a single burner that burns Coleman fuel or unleaded gas. I use it mostly for a coffee pot, but I think it would handle a skillet.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Wal-mart in my area has a 1 burner unit that uses the smaller size of dispoisibal fuel bottles that is a great little unit. It was made for back packers so it should be just what the dr ordered in a kayak. The small ones that run off white gas work great to and there cheaper to run just not as safe.

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the one burner from W.M. to cook on in my duck blinds....works great and is easy to carry

Post Thanks / Like

If they are still available, might try a Svea stove, which uses white gas or Coleman fuel. Smallest stove I ever remember seeing. Think a small skillet would be OK.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought one off ebay last month. I think it's the same as the Coleman mentioned above. Model name is matchlight...another single burner Coleman model that looks good is the powerpack.. Search by your zip code and you might find one cheaper than WMart with minimal shipping costs.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are at a place that you can use the electricity Wally World has a 2 burn counter top (hot plate) it is wonderful to use.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 04-04-2006 at 09:30 AM.
    catch them on the run