Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scrape or Skin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scrape or Skin

I see a lot of folks like to cook their fish whole. I will from time to time skin a few. I like the flavor from the bones being cooked in the fish but i cannot stand the skin.Mostly I just fillet and cook them in some easy dipt. Best way I've found to cook crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll fillet the large ones and keep those 10 1/4" - 11" for frying whole. I enjoy fried whole crappie and especially the tails...fried crisp, they are wonderful crappie "Chips"[/B].

Chris

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and my boy actually prefer the smaller ones fried whole over the fillets. When we go we keep a mess of small ones for us and fillet the rest for the wife and daughter.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Me and my boy actually prefer the smaller ones fried whole over the fillets. When we go we keep a mess of small ones for us and fillet the rest for the wife and daughter.
    The same here can not beat the taste..:D
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

I like it just the opposite no bones but i like the skin on it "different strokes"
    I guess?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Renosky!!!!! We might be distantly related!!!! It appears we have very similar names. I am always on the lookout for long lost kin. Do you think there is a chance? Send me an email and we can compare notes if you're interested.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Woody Wood Guest

Default Fried Crispy

I like them whole and crispy. My uncle showed me a method of eating them where you can just remove the top fin and split open and enjoy without dealing with allot of bones.:D