Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Picture for embro_9 drop shot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picture for embro_9 drop shot

I will try to explain what you are looking at. Line Power Pro 10/2 hi-vis, Wally Marshall hook (true turn), bell sinker. I start by using plenty of line and tying the hook on with a palamar knot, this keeps the line from slipping through the hook eye. Then tie a loop knot, looping the hook 3 times to prevent the braid from slipping. Make sure you leave plenty of line to tie the bell sinker on with. I tie it with another palamar knot. I can tie this up in about 30 seconds but have been using it for years so I would suggest practice tying it a few times at home. If you don't know how to tie either knot google them and you can get some video's. Here is picture:Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309315845.387702.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  70.0 KB

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Good lookin rig Tom.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom when I tie my leaders for rigging they are similar but with two hooks or two jigs. I tie the weight on first with a Palomar knot the come up and tie another Palomar to the main line and then on up to another hook. It saves having the extra line in the way at the bottom and guessing how much line to leave and coming up short or wasting extra line if it is to long. Nothing wrong with the way you are doing it but thought I would say how I do it and see if you liked it or made it any easier. I actually go on up and tie on a small barrel swivel. Then I wrap these pretied rigs around pipe insulation. I cut the 1 1/2" pipe insulating in 8-10" pieces and out 6-8 pretied leaders on each one. Then you can stock them in gallon ziplock bags and store in the boat for when needed. I use 12 lb line on my reels then tie my leaders in 6 or 8 lb test. Then if snaged up you always break the leader. And them just undo the normal swivel on main line discard the broken leader and unwrap a new one from the insulation and snap it back on and you are fishing again. Like I said just the way I do it to make it faster for me when spider rigging and having 8 rods out at once.

Post Thanks / Like

We do the same thing with the snap swivel. We use a nerf bat cut in half. Put sheet rock screws in it every .5" or so and hook the loop of the leader over the screw and then wind up the leader using the hook to hold it. Can keep a dozen or more leaders on one bat. Bat is heavy enough it won't blow or bounce out if it's left on the deck.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrap my rigs around 12" of swimming noodle. Different color noodles have different line thicknesses and rigs.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking rig, thanks for the photo and description. Good ideas on storing these rigs, gonna try the swimming noodle and rig a few up.

I picked up a tip watching the Bassmasters tour a couple years back for drop shotin... Instead of the bell sinker, you can use a bullet weight by feeding the line through and breaking off the tip of a toothpick in the weight. This allows you to pull the rig out if you get hung up, gotta sacrifice the sinker but just add another one and you're back to fishing. I've never tried a drop shot rig but thought it was a pretty good tip.
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

All good tips and thanks

Fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

wow. Somehow I missed this. I think I was in Texas at the time doing some work. I'm heading out again tomorrow and hoping for some better luck than two weeks ago. From the reports I've seen here, it's looking better. If I can master these knots (and I'm ****ty at knots) then hopefully this'll be the ticket.

Thanks so much PoleBender!!!!

Bruce