Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Stocton Night and Morning Bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Stocton Night and Morning Bite

Got some beds put out and was running late to the established beds we like to fish at night around Masters. Before we even got to our favorite brush pile the depth finder began to melt? Not sure what that was all about but I unplugged and needless to say it is cashed. On a happy note it was old and I was looking for a reason to replace her. So got to the brush pile set the light out and began jigging with minnows and drop shotting minnows on sinkers spider rig style. Not long into the night my spider rig pole exploded it had to have been a walleye big bass or catfish to have eatin up that much line that fast but the wife got her first experience of trying to keep a big fish out of the brush, like most her first attempt failed the fish went around the tree and snapped off. We hauled in around a dozen keeper crappie with some reaching 14". Went to camp at around 1:30 and woke up around 7:00 and we pulled in two very nice walleye and around 20 more keeper crappie. The wife caught a bigger walleye than me so it made up for the big one that got away. Had a blast definatley recomend the nite lights with minnows right now. Wish I could give some depths but they would not be close to accurate with out the fish finder but according to pole length the nite bite was at 10 to 15 feet and the day bite was around 20 to 25 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

oh my what a time, had to be fun for sure, congrats on the trip, sounds like some pretty nice fish for sure

Post Thanks / Like

congrats, love those unexpected big fish. thanks for the report and glad you all got on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and sounds like congrats to the little lady.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good trip,glad you and the wife got some gooduns.