Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oologah Power plant

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oologah Power plant

Report from Edison Electric..Oologah Power Stations are shutting down 2014 thru 2016 for scrubbers to be installed for NOX and SO2 omissions. Unit #1 will be off for over a year for retrofit and #2 coming online about a year after #1..will this affect fishing on the lake or not
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that it will lead to a drastic reduction in population due to all the PSO employees htat will be laid off during the retrofit who will undoubtedly end up doing a lot more fishing.

On the serious side. I had heard recently that AEP was going to be shutting down dozens of coal plants in order to avoid bankruptcy from the new taxes team Obama is levying on coal plants. I am just glad to hear they are not shutting the Oologah plants down altogether.
    si non ire, nescies--Tim

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it has anything to do with the lake. They are referencing the coal plant there in the city of Oologah.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the Obama administration could not get a cap and trade bill passed they are using the EPA regulations to try and curb the use of coal. Part of their push for green energy. You will definitely see a difference in the cost of electricity plus higher unemployment. You gotta love those Demo-rats.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian. Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing "Green" about any of that stuff is the green that certain individuals will stuff in their pocket from it.

This whole "Green" thing is one of the biggest hoaxes ever pulled on the American public...quite possibly even bigger than the Goldman Sachs debacle.

Oops, sorry for the political tirade.
    si non ire, nescies--Tim

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been on Oologah so I thought maybe the PP's were on the lake like those at Sooner and Konawa..my bad, maybe I should check things out before posting.
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator