Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: george owen school lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default george owen school lake

it's here in independence, by 23rd st and 291 hwy... anyways just talked to my neighbor and he and his boy had a bucket full of bluegill's, nice one's... said they caught them on a fly rod right on the bank's site fishing... said he was just a beginner on the fishing but sure looked to me like he knew what he was doing. his boy was grinning ear to ear, gonna give him a quick lesson on cleaning them. anywho thought if anyone had kid's and wanted some action sound's like the gill's are hitting good with some bass in the mix... havent fished it for year's but may go poke my nose over there tomorrow!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great to know about it .. thanks for sharing. I probably won't make it over, but I always have friends asking me where a good place to take kids is .. sounds like I'll have a new spot for them to try.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

no problem at all! he said they fished the pond on the left as your walking down the hill. there is one on the right as well but it is much tougher to fish from the bank, but there are some BIG bass in that one... not sure if there are crappie in either of them, i have never been able to catch them... but bass, bluegill, and catfish are plentiful i believe. good luck!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i use to take my dogs there for walks and never took a rod with me.haven't even thought about that place for a while.thanks gonna go try there for some cats next week.