Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat carpet protector?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat carpet protector?

Well folks, I am "unwinterizing" the boat today for another season of fishing. I was wondering if anyone knows of any type of product that can be applyed to the boat carpet to protect it or help waterproof it. Two weeks from today my wife and I and another couple check into our cabin on Norfork Lake in Arkansas for a week of crappie fishing...so I am kind of fired up about getting the boat shipshape. Thanks for any help...Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how it would work but I think Scotch-Gard. It's for upholstery but don't know why it wouldn't work on carpet.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down I thought so, too ..

Quote Originally Posted by rja4bama
    Not sure how it would work but I think Scotch-Gard. It's for upholstery but don't know why it wouldn't work on carpet.
    and was gonna post that suggestion to Kenny .... unfortunately -- it states "do not use on carpet, leather, or plastic". I don't know about the "carpet" part ... unless they are thinking that constant traffic would render the coverage useless.

Marine carpet is pretty easy to clean, but some products can/will stain them ... or even dissolve the glue that holds them down. I don't think you could actually "waterproof" the carpet ... and even using something like Atsko Water Guard, may prove a waste of time, or even damage the carpet (discoloration), or make it dangerous (silicone ingredients may make carpet slippery). .............. cp