Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Sandy

Hey Guys and Gals, My Grandson is on spring break and we have heard so much about the Big Sandy area and the crappie, so we decieded to give it a try. We have never been there and we have never spider rigged or trolled. We got set up to do both, but we need some help to get started. What area of Big Sandy should we start and what depth, lake depth and bait depth? Also where would be a good ramp to fish this area. We will be there Monday morning and will be there for a couple of days. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again! Jack

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If it were me...........

With this crazy weather, who knows what the fishes are up to...If it were me, I would put in at Sulphur Creek, go due east to the middle of the lake, mark my spot and start trolling in circles. Within a 1/2 mile radius of this spot is lots of submerged stuff. Water depth will vary from 8 to 25 feet. If no luck here, I would get on the Big Sandy east channel drop and troll south towards the power lines. I would fish 18 to 20 foot and troll slowly, very slowly. Just my opinion.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom, Thanks for the info, can you recomend a low cost place to stay? Not only Tom, can anyone recomend a place for me and my Grandson to stay, also to eat. Thanks to all. Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom, I looked on my map and I could not find Sulphur Creek. Is it called another name or what landing is it? Thanks again. Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Camden, which is about 9 miles from Big Sandy has several good motels, you will have to come through Camden on your way from Columbia...Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Camden ! My wife--"the war dept"-- used to be the city judge there. At times I refer to her as "Roy Bean" the hanging judge.

If you wish, I can ask her about a place for you guys to stay and for the name of a decent place to eat.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default springville, tn

Quote Originally Posted by Jackllbass
    Hey Tom, I looked on my map and I could not find Sulphur Creek. Is it called another name or what landing is it? Thanks again. Jack
    Sulphur creek is between Eagle Creek (Buchanan Resort) and Swamp Creek
    (Mansard Island Resort). Google up Mansard Island Resort and go to Mapquest. Scroll north on Mapquest and you will find Sulphur Creek. This whole area is called Springville, Tn. I don't know anything bout the motels. I get lost in the Mansard Island area. All the roads are called Antioch. ha . I know my way there by water pretty good though.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom, Mike and Driller, I found a place, Fish Tail Lodge, they also have a resturant. I don't know anything about it but it is close to Sulpher Creek. I checked another land map and I found Sulpher Creek. Thanks for everthing, I will let you know how it turns out when we get back home. Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Buchannan Resort is nice also. Good lodging, place to eat, and good boat ramp. Try the Old Oak Tree at Buchanan Resort when you are fishing Sandy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bingo, What is the Old Oak Tree? Jack

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast