Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Melvern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern

I am headed to Melvern tonight for the weekend. Hope to be able to give a good report when I return. I still spend quite a bit of time looking for the piles but hopefully I can find some that are productive!

If you happen to go to Melvern this weekend and see a blue alumacraft give me a shout. We will be there until Monday so hopefully we can find some decent fish!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sounds fun. Hope your weather is perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. I may head that way Sat or Sun morning. If I do I will be in a blue and silver Stratos.

Post Thanks / Like

Had some decent luck this weekend. Other than the walleye tournament on Sunday it was really good fishing. Did a little channel cat fishing on Friday and ended up with 6 decent channel cat from the sundance area. Saturday I tried to be a good son-in-law and trolled for white bass with the father-in-law. Didnt catch squat! Sunday I was back to doing my thing and ended up with 3 keeper walleye and 17 crappie. All caught from the turkey point area. We went out again for a while this morning and brought in 32 crappie which all came from brush in the 18-20 ft range. Several nice crappie 12-13 inches. Biggest was just shy of 14 inches. Caught all of them on minners about 2 cranks up from the bottom.

Had a really good weekend other than the dang wind! Trying to stay on a pile in a 30 mph wind is a chore in itself and then you add in the pleasure boaters kicking up large wakes and it makes for interesting fishing!

Hope to get out again in two weeks. Going to sit next weekend out for sure. We dont do the 4th of july at the lake anymore! Someone is liable to get hurt! LOL!!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, nice report. Thanks
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.