Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunting on Sunday

I was reading in the VGDIF Outdoor report they are supporting a change in the laws to allow hunting on Sunday. I hope this doesn't get passed. Sunday is the only day you can feel safe taking a walk anywhere a deer might be. If all the "hunters" were responsible people, it would be a different story. Based on what I see going on in my little piece of the state, we need to discourage the passing of this change.

Before someone raises the arguement that I can fish on Sunday, remember that no one has ever died because there was "movement" that I thought was a fish and made a cast at it.

I've seen too many road "hunters" and trespassers to be comfortable with this change.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the problem is more the careless hunters instead of the extra day of hunting. Maybe the REAL issue needs to be addressed.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Not enough Game Wardens to go around. I have the utmost respect for ours, but they are outnumbered.

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points, Woody. Living in the middle of a prime hunting area, you witness all the over-zealousness, irresponsibility, and outright illegal behavior that argues in favor of a closed season on innocent bystanders.
    Fishing since '50!

Post Thanks / Like

as i understand it there are only 2 states in the u.s. that dont allow hunting on sunday, va being one of them. the problems that were addressed in this blog go on during the week and are illegal,that being said, do you think that this type of activity does not happen on sunday as well as the rest of the week already? hunting on sunday gives the average joe an extra day to to enjoy their sport because most of them have to work mon-fri. if indeed the powers that be allow sunday hunting it will be because there is a dollar to be made on it.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always felt that hunting should be allowed on Sundays. Especially when I was working 6 days week.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I have been hunting on Sundays in VA for 42 years

Hunting for Crappie, that is..RoflThumbs Up
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I am for Sunday hunting in Virginia.If road hunters are the problem deal with that not law abiding hunters.

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt 2-3 days a week now, if Sunday hunting is passed..... I better find a good counselor or a lawyer!!!
    All joking aside, I like things the way they are. Sunday is a day of rest.
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatslab View Post
    If road hunters are the problem deal with that not law abiding hunters.
    The flaw in this argument is that "dealing" with illegal hunters means more game wardens. More game wardens mean a much bigger enforcement budget. Revenue to fund this bigger enforcement budget can only come out of increased license fees. So, the problem comes full circle and law abiding hunters end up paying one way if not the other.
    Fishing since '50!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast