Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coleman Lantern And Night Stalking Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Coleman Lantern And Night Stalking Anyone?

I'm going to do some night stalking when the weather gets good and the fish get to biting again. I bought a new Coleman lantern and a floating fishing light. I was wondering if anyone used a Coleman L for night stalking?
    I was thinking I'd hang it in a tree over clear water then put the floating light under it. I'm also planning a lantern pole for my boat.
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

floating light is good - we use the laterns for mostly light to see by on the boat - submersibles is what most of us are using - there is always on the Carolina boards about the white starfires and green hydroglows - both work they both draw baitfish in is what you want to draw in the crappie
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

are their a lot of draw backs to a fuel coleman latern verses the propane ive noticed about everybody using propane
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I know years ago when my father took me cat fishing at night ( which is the only thing he fished for ) crappie would be hitting the side of our boat around the coleman lanterns. I decided to toss a white maribou jig in and spent the rest of the night catching crappie. This was always during the summer months.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have had lanterns useing both types of fuel. The LP cartridges are handy.....but danged expensive and do not last long. About 3-5 hours is all we got out of'em. We preferr good old white gas.
    ....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used the good ole coleman....attracts more bugs which also helps attract the fish

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up the lanterns I now use a clip on shop light.I took and cut the end of the cord and put battery calmps on.I bought a 12 vt light bulb to go in it and also took the shield off too.I take my paddle tie it strait up ,clamp the light on it and fish all night.I got tired of buying gas for the latern and listing to the noise of them also.Hope this helps!