Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to find satellite views

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to find satellite views

i thought a would share one of my lake scouting tips with all you folks(some of you already know this probably.). if you have trouble let me know, tell me what you think.
    i have to utilize satellite views at work so i became pretty good at it. there are two easy ways for your average joe.
    1: go to google.com and click "more" (the page that will take you to all the services google offers) you will see a little blue orb and it will say google earth. click that and download the software (it is quick, safe and free). after that just punch in an address and it will fly you wherever you want to go and you can zoom in substantially; also, you can layer anything you want onto it (look at the bottom).
    2: if you don't want to download that, follow the first steps but instead of clicking google earth go to maps. punch in the address or town and on the actual map screen you can click hybrid (satellite with street names) or satellite (just a satellite picture).
    i really recommend the first choice because it is much better, but the "maps" avenue works also.
    have fun with it. the pictures are not supposed to be older than 3 years, so you can see all kinds of stuff. you can pick out boats on lakes just to let you know how much it can really zoom in!!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy i downloaded this the other day after your post in "truman lake" and it is great.I played around and found some cool stuff.Looked at the surounding land that borders my hunting ground and saw stuff that was very helpful i didnt know was there. THANKS for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Been foolin around with Google maps (and satellite) for awhile. I like to do the click and drag thing and search along the rivers for pot holes and sloughs. I found some great fishin holes with it...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Dang,just downloaded it and gotta leave for work.I can't wait to play around with it.

Thanks a lot for ruining my day off monday,I have a feeling I won't be getting much done that day

Post Thanks / Like

Default sat

fryguy tried the sat. thing kind of neet but couldnt get clear pictures changed res. on comp. no help but what i could do was cool thanks i will keep playing. thought i seen one big crappie heading up flat creek! or not. later

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a good one of Lake of the Ozarks only, its a few years old. But does show where houses/docks will never be built along the shore.

https://aue.trailheadgis.com/imz/viewer.htm
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

downloaded software but I could not get clear images of anything north of palmyra Mo. why is that