PDA

View Full Version : Truman Wiper/Striper Help Needed!!!

Kansasoutdoorsman
06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Hello my fellow MO fishers. I was wondering if I can get some help. I am going to be down at Truman this weekend and I have never really fished it for stripers or wipers on this lake. (I have heard there are some Stripers in there and this is what I am dreaming of but mixing in some wipers is a blast). I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction where I should start looking. Any help you can give me even in PM would be greatly appreciated and will be returned any time in KS Crappie or Wiper in equal amount of details... Thanks in advance!!!

Nick

olesilverside
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
If you look on the truman map just up a ways from shawnee boat ramp about 1/2 mile you will see a point come out from the east side going up, lots of stripers and wipers are caught in this area, then other than that, I know a few are caught up around KK island...... good luck.......

specs
06-21-2011, 11:15 AM
KK island is usually a good spot early and late. Watch for the sea gulls diving on bait and you will find them.

beagle man
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
deleted by me

bwillaub
06-21-2011, 02:57 PM
I've never fished for em but I hear a lot of stripers are caught by the dam on live bait rigs.
Good luck, Nick.

beagle man
06-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I gonna try stripers on truman, never caught one, and sure would like to

day dreamer
06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
KK ISLAND is a great place for them. Many are caucht rite there every year.

beagle man
06-21-2011, 07:50 PM
so where is KK island

go dart
06-21-2011, 09:14 PM
so where is KK island

Just outside Osage Bluff Marina cove. Act like your leaving the Marina and heading to the Dam. Veer right where the Marina Cove meets the main lake. Run a 1/4 mile and look to your left. Watch your finder a ways out or just watch fot the other boats fishing the humps.

day dreamer
06-21-2011, 09:20 PM
dido on osage bluff area. Or just off 7 hyw west of warsaw is kk hwy. There is a private dock that we use which puts you in the water just west of the island. beages if you are going go in past bucksaw to 7 hwy go on east and you will find kk going south to your right only goes to right.

Kansasoutdoorsman
06-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. We will be out there in a Deep V lund with a big brown Lab as a hood orniment. Say hello is you see us.

moswampy
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
they stock stripers on Truman?

specs
06-22-2011, 12:47 PM
they stock stripers on Truman?

They are hybrids. Lake also has a lot of white bass. We get there Sunday for 5 days. Being in a pro team 185 tracker fishing by myself mostly. Usually fish the grand and osage.

eyecatcher
06-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Ya.... No stripers in truman. Plenty of wipers though. The humps near KK like the others said should be good, as long as they are flowing water. Might try the weir for ****s and grins front and rear drops, dont just fish on top of it. There is also an old road that is farther out from the dam than the weir. Ive only been able to find it once besides when the guide took me there. You may run over it approaching the weir. I know that doesnt help but someone else may be able to help you if they know what im speaking of. If they are flowing water you may try early or late in the day below the dam. There is a little tiny island that is in between the slack water channel and the outflow, try some bigger poppers or spooks with front runners here. mmmm I sure do love top water hybrids.
Other than the poppers early in the am, I would prob suggest a 4" pearl sassy shad on a 1/2-3/4 oz head. Whenever I fish for wipers thats the only thing I ever need to throw.

Hope they are flowing water when you are there.
Good luck!

Matt

beagle man
06-23-2011, 04:41 PM
and now it is clear, no stripers, we all need to start speaking the same lingo, stripers,
/ hypers
/ white bass
/ they are all different, in my opinion

Jigging15
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Not sure on the lingo either but there is a guide by the name of Steve Blake that guides for whites and stripers. I always called them hybrids so not sure what they are called. Jeff was catching a ton of them while catfishing drifting the flats with live and cut bait. Had several between 8-10 lbs. The point where the Grand and Tebo arms meet is also a very productive area. But KK island and the wier is where everyone always talks about. You may stop in the station bait and tackle near the dam for advise and also Rocky Top Jig for more advise. Good luck hope you get some good ones.

eyecatcher
06-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Not sure on the lingo either but there is a guide by the name of Steve Blake that guides for whites and stripers. I always called them hybrids so not sure what they are called. Jeff was catching a ton of them while catfishing drifting the flats with live and cut bait. Had several between 8-10 lbs. The point where the Grand and Tebo arms meet is also a very productive area. But KK island and the wier is where everyone always talks about. You may stop in the station bait and tackle near the dam for advise and also Rocky Top Jig for more advise. Good luck hope you get some good ones. I'm glad people know Steve. He's a hell of a fisherman and a bllast to go Out on the water with. Caught a 12 lber last time I went hybrid fishing with him. Crazy guy.