Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: walleye?

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye?

I know this is a crappie board, but I think some of you would possibly have some good info on the walleye in shenengo. I fish shenengo a lot for crappie. I have a camp site reserved for late May with my brother from out of town. I'd like to supplement our crappie diet with some walleye. Any of you fellas got a couple good walleye spots you might share with me? If you do not want to give up your spot I would understand. Maybe PM me? Thanks.

Mark

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I never fished shenango for walleye. Sorry can't help you.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Take your crappie poles and forget about the walleyes. The lake has gone down hill walleye wise in the last few years.

You "may" luck into one on any of the bars in the lake. The time of year your going to be there try the part of the lake north of the causeway. Try near the old railroad beds trolling , you may pick some up if you can keep the tiger muskies off your lures.

The lake has very little natural reproduction of walleye. Most will move into the rivers at each end of the lake to spawn. It hasn't been stocked for close to 4 or 5 years. I usually put in around 60 days or so on the lake for walleyes and the last 2 years have been so bad that this year I won't fish it for walleyes, just a waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sparkie. I got the info that walleye were there from the lake map I bought a couple years ago. I will heed your advice and eat crappie for dinner while camping. I want my brother to catch fish, not waste time, so I will fish for the abundant crappie.

Mark

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Thanks sparkie. I got the info that walleye were there from the lake map I bought a couple years ago. I will heed your advice and eat crappie for dinner while camping. I want my brother to catch fish, not waste time, so I will fish for the abundant crappie.

Mark
    Shenango is good for channel cats too, and fun to catch, plus put up a good fight.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye in may

Mark, altho the eyes aren't there in big numbers, you may catch a few with a lot of effort and a little luck. In may, troll worm harnesses up by the sand bars near golden run. Now i'm not promising you that you'll catch fish, but thats where i've got most of mine. You'll see the pontoon guys in that area. Follow their pattern. I dont use boards, snapweights, or any of that complex stuff. Just longline troll as this water isn't deep at all. Good luck and Dont ask us crappie guys no more walleye questions.:D