Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Tournament

I would like to thank all of the folks who worked to put on a top notch tournament Saturday. The fishing was pretty good and the food was outstanding. Looking forward to the 16th. Eating afterward is great fun and a good chance to meet some of the people who are on this site
    all the time. Thanks again for all the work and effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I've been watchin all these threads about the tournaments and looking at the pictures etc. I'm going to have to make it next time if I am off. I noticed that you, Braggin Board, posted "looking forward to the 16th"....is that the next tournament? I looked through the previous pages trying to find a schedule, rules etc, just didn't find one. Please tell me it's the 16th of July, I'm off that day!! Also, is Bucksaw really that hard to navigate? I've heard horror stories but haven't been there for probably 15 years and I would have been like 13 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt

These tournaments have been allowing trailering if you are not familiar with Bucksaw. My personal opinion Bucksaw is not that tough to navigate if you are careful. I've only fished it 2 or 3 times and I haven't knocked my lower unit off yet.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Braggin for coming out glad you had a good time. Matt the lake is almost normal so it would be a good time to learn it. Just go slow and you should be fine.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks for the words of encouragement...as long as the tournament is on my day off, you guys have talked me into it!! lol Is there a schedule somewhere showing dates of the tournaments? Is July 16th next one? As far as trailering goes, I would prefer to do that, however if we want to have a fighting chance at winning.....we'd better stick there where the big fish seem to be. I saw big fish was 1.43 pounds yesterday and there were 3 of them, That's a pretty good size fish and where I fish, more or less only happens a few times a year!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The 16th is the next one. There is some great fishing with out going far from Bucksaw. One of those 1.43 fish came from the Osage. Last tournament we had a 1.74 and a 1.63 for first and second big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Jared, the cooks, and everybody else who pitched into make it a great day! Hope I can make the one in July...gonna be a hot one!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, thanks guys for all the work you do so that the rest of us can have a fun time and good eats. It really is appreciated.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job men,sounds like a good time,cant wait should be at the next one,,hope there will be a fish fry