PDA

View Full Version : Missouri crappie.com tour pics

olesilverside
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I think everyone had a great time, boy was it hot, sure glad we had a roof overhead to block the sun... and a big thanks to crappiedave55 and his buddy for cooking all the fish and fries.... awesome job guys, and dam good....... 22 boats entered and all but a coupled weighed in, I know Ron and Buckwheat had oil injection trouble and had to load and headed home early... Hope I get this right.....
1st.... 8.02
2nd....7.95
3rd.....7.58
4th.....7.50
5th.....7.40

Big fish was a three way tie all 3 with a 1.43 I have never seen more than 2 on a tie before.....

great job to all who fished, and those that braved the heat........

BarryG
06-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Looks like a good time was had! One of these days, I'll make one of these things! Good goin!

PommeKing
06-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the pictures, wish I could have been there.

pvchief1
06-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Had a blast today! Thanks again to all involved with putting it on.

HOOKEDONFISHIN'
06-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share the pic of the tour Monty.
We will try next time to come.

Jigging15
06-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Sam you and Chris better make one this year. It was a great time and great food as well. Was great meeting some new members as well as talking to some of the Truman regulars. Will be hot at the next one as well but if anyone would like to do hotdogs and burgers or anything else let us know. If anyone knows of a scout group or 4H club that would want to sell food and drinks shoot me a PM and I will check with Jim to make sure it is ok with Bucksaw. I would also like to pass the hat around at the next one to get a little money to give Bucksaw who has allowed us to use their pavilion for our tournaments with out charging us for the use of it. Jim, Richard and the whole staff there have always treated us very well during our tournaments and at camps. So would be nice to raise a little cash to show them how much we appreiciate what they do for us. Monty thanks for the pictures and thanks to everyone who helped out with the weigh in and the cooking. Hope everyone had a good time.

Double D
06-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Any names to go with the weights?

Just Jiggin
06-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the pic's Monty & getting things ready for the Great feed. Thanks Crappie Dave for cooking the fish.

Joedog
06-18-2011, 10:07 PM
If anyone knows of a scout group or 4H club that would want to sell food and drinks shoot me a PM and I will check with Jim to make sure it is ok with Bucksaw.

Jared, you're just full of good ideas, aren't you? I mean, you might be full of other stuff too, but...I gotta say, this is a goodun. Everybody wins, y'know? Maybe not for every time but if people wanna kick back and relax and cool off and visit and not have to slave over a hot grill or hot grease....that'd be perfect.

gabowman
06-18-2011, 10:16 PM
That's a good crowd, especially for his time of the year. Congrats.

mduncan62
06-18-2011, 10:21 PM
X2, what DD said. Would like to know standings by team. Hope all had fun. Been working the last 4-5 weekends (thankful to be working, don't get me wrong)

olesilverside
06-19-2011, 05:28 AM
1st.. Joe/Kenny ??? don't know them or there handles?
2nd. Hockett & Son
3rd. Charlie/Kevin Rogers
4th. pvcchief/Dad (Mike)
tie for 5th place.... Lenny/Kaz and Hardhunter2/brock tie was broken by big fish with Lenny/Kaz being in on the 1.43 for big fish.....think Matt is going for one out of the money award this year.......sure was a lot of sunburnt faces yesterday..........

Double D
06-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks Monty.

Ranger397V
06-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Good job on the pics Monty. Warm day and the big ones were tough to find but congrats to all that fished with us. Hope to see ya in July.

olesilverside
06-19-2011, 08:09 AM
and that young man can eat some crappie..........:D

kazualobzerver
06-19-2011, 09:40 AM
We tied with Hardhead and Brock but got credit for the position for largest fish. Lenny and I discussed that we should probably publicly apologize to them boys for cashing a check in this manner when they didn't. We felt bad,,,,,for about 2 seconds and then said,,,,nahhhhhh !! Thumbs Up

hardhunter2
06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
I think I got hosed!!! :-) lol had I great time! Thanks to the fellas that fried up the fish and taters it was gooood stuff! Congrats to the winners!

mduncan62
06-19-2011, 11:07 AM
and that young man can eat some crappie..........:D Thanks for the info and Pics Monty!

Jigging15
06-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Better look out for Wyatt in the future. He has got the fishing bug worse than I have ever seen for his age. I gave the kids that fished a bag of jigs with sickle hooks. I hope they end up in a fishes mouth and not finger. It is great to see the kids fishing with there dads and uncle in DeepH2O's case. We have even had several in the money this year. I know from experiance that it is not easy to keep them entertained all day let alone be able to fish. So congrats to the ones who are bringing the kids to come fish with us. Lenny don't forget the map so the younger Hockett can show us exactlly where they are fishing next time. The kids always seem to have a great time at the weigh in.

Speck
06-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Great pics. Looks like a nice turnout. Congrats to all who fished.

Ranger397V
06-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Lenny don't forget the map so the younger Hockett can show us exactlly where they are fishing next time. Got the map in the truck:D

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
06-19-2011, 07:08 PM
congrat's to all who fished! look's like a great turnout

net king
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Putting on a tournament is alot of hard work so thanks to everyone involved.Great tournament for kids so we need to get more of them involved. Mine had a blast! Hey Kevin my kid wants a Bobby Garland shirt , let me know how i can get one.

frayed knot
06-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Louis and I fished our first tourney ever yesterday and we had a very enjoyable time. Didn't weigh in as much as we would have liked, but we had never fished that area before. When ask how we did I tell 'em we finished in the top 20. Sounds better. A big thanks to all who help organize this and to the cooks who fed us well. We learned a lot and had a good time visiting with some of you all. Hope we can make it next time, but haven't checked our schedules yet. For anybody who hasn't fished one yet, come on. It is very low key and worth the $30. It was also nice to see the 2 young boys fishing with their dads. One cashed a check and Wyatt's smile in OSS pics is what fishing should be about.

Jigging15
06-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Net king you are right on about getting the kids invovled. I try to get all the kids something that come fish with us. Long poler brought me some items this week to give away. I gave the kids some sickle jig heads. Hope they like them and put them to use. If anyone has anything they would like to donate for kids gifts just let me know.

olesilverside
06-20-2011, 05:57 AM
I try to get to each young one and give them a .com cap and a key chain, but I always seem to get busy and never catch everyone, if you can remeber just give me a shout at the weigh in and I will get your son or daughter one.........

Jigging15
06-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks Monty. I got several PM's after the last ones from parents thanking me for it because the kids enjoyed getting something. So would like to keep it going.

DABE
06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all. Sorry I couldn't make it but I had to go watch the Redbirds take on the Royals. Congrats to all the winners. Jarod sounds like you are doing one heck of a job putting this on. Thanks for all your time and effort. Hopefully I can get down there to fish the one in July.

Mark Twains Crappie Dan
06-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Great pic's OSS, Ur the man.

Jigging15
06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Here is a pic I had of Wyatt with a couple good ones.

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
that feller there look's like a heck of a future crappie fisherman! great pic jared!

Jigging15
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
He already is. Little Wyatt is as ate up with crappie fishing as anyone I know.

beagle man
06-23-2011, 04:47 PM
and there is no more polite kid on the face of the earth, I am in the chow line, limping arround, little matt turns arround and says need some help getting that, dad get him some catsup for the fries, you want me to carry that to the table, nice kid, raised in my opinion ,,,the right way,