Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice, all u crappie experts!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some advice, all u crappie experts!!!!!

hey guys this is my fist post but i was wondering where i could hook into some slabs???? i live in the tulsa area and im will be shore bound:D but i have been to keystone dam(not much luck), spavinaw dam(done okay when water level was high) lake bixhoma(no luck) and some local resevoirs without much luck. Also i have been using crappie tubes from BPS with a spring bobber. I would reallyyyy appreciate ANY advice i mean ANYYY! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome and glad you're here! Lots of guys love tubes but I have never caught anything with them. Try some small crankbaits and some small curly tail grubs and see if you have better luck. Let us know...
    Eric W.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply omega i really appreciate it and i willl try the curly tails and small grubs and THANKS again!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.Com beginner. You might go to the Oklahoma state board and introduce yourself their and get to know some of the guys there from your area, and they might invite you along sometime. No better learning than first hand. And you can see what works in your area so you won't be buying a lot of needless tackle that won't work for you. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

x-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hi crappiebeginner, welcome to the forum. First I'd say lose the BPS brand and go get some Made In Tulsa Bobby Garlands. I like black/hot pink slab slayers for dirty water and outlaw special scent wigglers for clearer water, on 1/16 oz. jigheads, and the smallest bobber you're comfortable with. Then go to Lake Eufaula, Lake Oologah, or Ft. Gibson and fish any fallen timber near creek mouths or any public docks you can find. And I don't know if it's just me or what, but the bites have been real soft lately, so if you can jig off of a dock without a bobber you're probably better off.

If that doesn't work, there are several good guides in this part of the state that could put you on crappie, for a fee...

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have good luck with the Bobby Garland products also. Bass pro has them if that's where you shop.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. They have given you great advice.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't beat the Bobby Garland baits.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a smoke with glitter curl tail and several small cranks in bright or natural colors with good success when shore bound. Lead head weight for the curly is changed by water depth and tail size. Don't forget to stall the retrieve now and then. triggers lots of strikes for me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast