Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Dad II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Dad II

Well had a great night with my daughter. We put in at CC and headed north, got there early enough to try some trolling. Been reading a lot about that on here and low and behold 100 yards into it Bug had a nice keeper crappie. We just made the one run and ended up catching 3. Got to our tree set up the lights, kicked back had dinner and waited for dark. we were in 15FOW fishing minnows at 10-12 ft, the bite was going good ( 10 keepers) and then the moon popped out and it was over. I guess you cant compete with mother natures light. Dont know what your experiance is with night fishing with lights and the moon, but mine has not been very productive if the moon is out. Anyway it was a beautiful night, great tempratures and the best part was quality time with my favorite fishing partner Katie. Well thats my report hope you all are keeping your lines wet and your livewells full.
    Just call me......"Killswitch"....Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun night.Glad you got on some.Fished there myself and got 8 off of the bluff,left around 2 pm.Congrats on quality time with your daughter.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great night .. I know Katie appreciates it.

Here's to many more great fishing trips for you & Katie.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, out on the water with your daughter watching the moon rise? Sorry to break it to you, but wanting to catch crappie too is just being GREEDY!! Sounds awesome! Congrats on a great investment! It's sure to pay dividends.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you and Katie had fun regardless of the bite after the moon rose. I agree with ya...bright nights arent ever much good for me either. Congrats on the quality time spent together.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.