Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 6/13 - 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 6/13 - 6/16

Our family has been at the lake all week on vacation. I had my two boys and oldest girl out trying to find crappie but the fish seemed pretty scattered - and their patience was wearing thin. I am guessing the crappie are transitioning into a solid summer pattern.

One thing that we did pattern pretty good were the bluegill – we found four or five great spots were the kidos would catch a fish with every cast. I would say 75% keepers ( close to 9” or over). Usually about 18” down in 3-4’ FOW – crickets did best, but worms lasted longer and worked pretty good as well.

It turned out to be a great week fishing – my daughter caught three good eatin catfish on her bobber set-up (4, 3 and 2.5 lbs catfish).

Thanks for all your guys help!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

You and the family have had a trip to remember for a LONG time to come........ that is great!!! Congrats on the catch (crappie, bluegill, catfish.... whatever, the kids had fun so it was perfect!). Thanks for posting a report, I enjoyed it!!!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes when the crappie won't bite we need to make lemonade outa lemons.......good work on makin it a fun trip for the kiddos.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

congrats especially the girl on the cats.

Post Thanks / Like

congrat's on a great time and like bug's said sometime's you gotta make lemonade out of lemon's! i have to do it all the time, lol
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the good trip, bluegill as good to eat as any, and really fun to catch, nice going