Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lots of bluegills

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots of bluegills

I went with a friend out to Walnut Creek Lake yesterday afternoon to get his boat running, so he can take it to Bull Shoal on the 30th. He said we should take a pole along, and fish while we are out there. We went to one of my honey holes and all that was there was Bluegills. We was on the channel ledge and fishing in about 28 feet of water in the trees. We tried jigs but was biting short so I put a piece of nightcrawler on and the Bluegills was all over it. I caught about 30 or so and was ready to go home and the last fish was a Crappie. Wouldn't ya know it! I had an appointment at 5:30 so had to leave. We didn't have the trolling motor on or his depthfinder so don't have any water temps. We just motored out and tied up to a tree, and started fishing. I don't have any pictures because all the fish went back in. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegill have been biting pretty hard on the dock as well. I caught about 17 around 5" on hot dogs and cheese.

With a stationary front stalled out across the area until Tuesday, its hard to say what the fish are going to be doing with the weather conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report EB and it sounds like you had a good time. Do you think your gills were spawned out? I know the larger reservoirs in my area are a week or two behind, but I would be curious to know how things are back east and on the smaller impoundments.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I was at Bowling Lake (Saturday) there were a lot of very small bluegill around the spawning beds. The bigger ones were biting pretty well. I think in a couple of weeks the big guys are going to be headed for deeper water.
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bluegills are spawned out. They are on their summer pattern already. The trouble yesterday was that there was so many of them the Crappie didn't have a chance to bite a jig. EB

Post Thanks / Like

EB, were you out at Walnut Creek again today? Thought i saw your truck, trailer and boat out there between 830 and 1030am.

Post Thanks / Like

Not today I have been mowing this morning after I got home from coffee. I mowed 3 yards so far. EB

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in here spying on you Beav.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bak2, your treading in my water now big guy. hehehe Have a great evening dude. EB