Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

I am new to this site :D and I have recently gotten involved with crappie fishing. I've gone to Kensington (sp?) Park {Brighton} the last two Saturdays and took some good advice. I thought only live bait could catch those wonderful fish; however, I was told how to catch them w/o live bait and I've had a blast. Last week, I caught 9 good sized fish and 1 fish I had to throw back. I'm looking into doing more fishing to gain a better knowledge of crappies and how they can be caught. Any advice?

CJ
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Cstyle; Congrats on the Brighton fishing. My crappie fishing has taken a turn for the worse over here in SW MI.
    A question like yours would best be asked on the "Main Crappie Forum" at the top of the page above the state forums. That is the most visited site. No one ever comes to the MI site.
    I just started crappie fishing this year and had a blast catching a lot in the 9-12" in range. Got my first 14 incher a week ago but the numbers of fish were very low.
    Read all the pages in the forum and you will learn a TON of stuff.
    The MI sportsman forum also has a number of crappie guys on the east side near you.
    I have just been trolling from my boat with long rods and jigs tipped with minnows. How you catching yours?

Post Thanks / Like

I caught the majority of my crappies off of jigs w/green heads and white bodies. I've also caught some using live minnows. I figured, the more I can get out, the more I can advance my knowledge of the papermouths.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey