Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catfishing gone wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catfishing gone wrong

First off, i caught no catfish. But i did catch two different things that were eating the hot dogs that i threw out on Halleck Pond early this morning. Bluegill and turtles. I killed 3 turtles setting the hook on what i thought was catfish at first because of the large top fin sticking out of the water. So after i figured out there was no catfish interested in the bait and the bluegill was not that impressive either, i went to class. Later on when the sun came out for the brief period today, i ended up over at Walnut Creek again to get rid of some of the hot dogs. Caught about 15 bluegill between 5-7" before i ran out of the hot dogs. If tomorrow is better in terms of sunshine, i plan on using some cheese i picked up as well.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to use minnows or night crawlers. Cubby's station at 370 and 84th Street have them there. The minnows are in a plastic bag pumped with oxygen to keep them alive. You just need a bucket to put them in. The phone number for Cubby's is 402-339-1031 EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, because i found out that K&J Bait Co. listed in the baitshop guide is located inside Sarpy county jail.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I know it is a hoot who came up with that bait guide. I have been checking on a lot of them and they are out of business or never was there. EB

Post Thanks / Like

If you know of any that are closed, please let me know and I'll remove them. I put it together through online searches. I did not call or check on each one of them. When I first introduced it, I asked for help here on crappie.com to identify missing Bait Shops, and correct others. I guess it's still not very accurate in all areas, but I do welcome your help.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I started checking on them in this area and had a list of some that weren't on the list and I posted it but must have gotten lost or something. I will do another check and up date some of them. Thanks Ed EB