Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember the Diawa Mini Spin with the backwards pistol grip handle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone remember the Diawa Mini Spin with the backwards pistol grip handle

I was on the another forum and someone asked about a rod they could fish with in a kiyak. I told him about the Diawa Mini Spin that had the backwards pistol grip handle. I used to have one but havent seen them in many years. Anyone remember these? Do you think you could still find one? I done the google search and didnt find much. Thanks for any info, Panfish16
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Never owned one, but I do remember them. Nice little outfit. I think they've been out of production for over 25 years. You could try to dig one up on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew it had been awhile LOL, I had one when I was a teenager. I just wondered if they may still be out there. I'll take a look at the e-bay and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

i had one and i'm sure i still have it somewhere since i never throw anything away. and it shows too. i haven't even thought about that thing in many years. it's either in my, now cluttered, fishing room or over in mo.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the one you're talking about Daiwa Mini-cast/Mini-spin - Got Fishing Rods And Reels or are you talking about a Daiwa underspin Daiwa Underspin Xd Reel

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about the one that the reel was built into the handle? (it wasn't removeable)
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Is this the one you're talking about Daiwa Mini-cast/Mini-spin - Got Fishing Rods And Reels or are you talking about a Daiwa underspin Daiwa Underspin Xd Reel
    No, the one Im talking about had a cork pistol grip like on a casting rod but only it was turned around backwards. That thing would fit in your hand like you were holding a pistol. I never seen one with a rubber or foam grip. I could flip that thing right up and under those limbs hanging over the water and knock the snot out of those bluegill and crappie LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    Are you talking about the one that the reel was built into the handle? (it wasn't removeable)
    Im not for sure if it was removeable or not, never took my apart.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panfish16 View Post
    No, the one Im talking about had a cork pistol grip like on a casting rod but only it was turned around backwards. That thing would fit in your hand like you were holding a pistol. I never seen one with a rubber or foam grip. I could flip that thing right up and under those limbs hanging over the water and knock the snot out of those bluegill and crappie LOL.
    If you can't find one, just learn how to "dock shoot" (slingshot cast) and you can still put your lure back in under those overhanging limbs/obstructions !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I had a mini-cast II, if I remember right. Just the reel on another pole, not the kit. Neat little rig. I was not very old, and would walk back to the drainage ditch when the water was up. A three pound carp stripped the gears out of it. Rofl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast